Intel removal is not really clean...

godmode

Post by godmode »

Hi, just to let you know- DDU is not really doing the best job in removing Intel drivers.

I had to temporarily boot into my System from another computer which has an Intel iGPU. Of course what happened is that i found myself having Intel drivers installed by Windows Update, within a couple of minutes. Including some executables running in the background, which persisted even when i was using my old hardware again.

So i tried DDU set to "Intel" - and while it did a semi good job of deleting most stuff - i found the following leftovers in my System32 folder:
igfxDTCM.dll
igfxLHM.dll
igfxDH.dll
igfxDI.dll

Not sure if there's more, its what i found at first glance. Haven't checked the registry yet, but it did clean the driver store and all exe files.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Intel removal is not really clean...

Post by Wagnard »

godmode wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:07 pm Hi, just to let you know- DDU is not really doing the best job in removing Intel drivers.

I had to temporarily boot into my System from another computer which has an Intel iGPU. Of course what happened is that i found myself having Intel drivers installed by Windows Update, within a couple of minutes. Including some executables running in the background, which persisted even when i was using my old hardware again.

So i tried DDU set to "Intel" - and while it did a semi good job of deleting most stuff - i found the following leftovers in my System32 folder:
igfxDTCM.dll
igfxLHM.dll
igfxDH.dll
igfxDI.dll

Not sure if there's more, its what i found at first glance. Haven't checked the registry yet, but it did clean the driver store and all exe files.
Thanks, I'll be sure to check and add theses.

Edit: Theses seems to be related to Intel(R) Common User Interface.
All theses files are supposed to be removed by DDU already. is it possible for you to send me your DDU logs at [email protected] so I can check why that wasn't the case for you?
What I suspect, is the cleaning wasn't done in safe mode and probably he file were in-use.