Stop Windows 10 auto driver updates?

sophiazz

Post by sophiazz »

I need to use an older version of nvidia drivers to do some work with graphics software that requires it. I CANNOT stop Windows 10 from auto updating to the latest driver.

I have tried DDU which only stops it for one boot after Win10 installs the older driver.

I have tried Shutup10 which has an option to disable driver updates. Doesn't work.

I have tried the MS tool that stops the update, but again it works for one reboot and then the new driver is installed.

This is insane that MS is causing me so much grief with this. Does anyone know how to stop this auto updating for good?

At best I can stop it for one reboot, but it often still updates after a few hours even without rebooting.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BizSAR

Re: Stop Windows 10 auto driver updates?

Post by BizSAR »

I'm noticing that DDU's disablement of automatic driver updates in Windows 10 seems broken lately too.
I'm running 20H2 (19042.546) and drivers are still getting installed in the background. The latest ones I notice are Intel network and Bluetooth drivers specifically. I've also had Nvidia drivers update automatically as well.
Did MS perhaps remove the ability to prevent automatic updates that DDU uses in this version of Windows?
~BizSAR