DDU error "method not found" when cleaning registry

laslars

Post by laslars »

Hi.

I get the following error when DDU arrives at the step "cleaning registry":
Method not found: 'Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperationWithProgress`2<Windows.Management.Deployment.DeploymentResult,Windows.Management.Deployment.DeploymentProgress> Windows.Management.Deployment.PackageManager.DeprovisionPackageForAllUsersAsync(System.String)'

at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.CleanupEngine.RemoveAppx(String AppxToRemove)
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.GPUCleanup.Cleannvidia(ThreadSettings config) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\GPUCleanup.vb:line 3256
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.GPUCleanup.Start(ThreadSettings config) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\GPUCleanup.vb:line 589
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.frmMain.CleaningThread_Work(ThreadSettings config) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\frmMain.xaml.vb:line 459
I tried installing the newest .Net Framework.
What should i do?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU error "method not found" when cleaning registry

Post by Wagnard »

laslars wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:46 pm Hi.

I get the following error when DDU arrives at the step "cleaning registry":
Method not found: 'Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperationWithProgress`2<Windows.Management.Deployment.DeploymentResult,Windows.Management.Deployment.DeploymentProgress> Windows.Management.Deployment.PackageManager.DeprovisionPackageForAllUsersAsync(System.String)'

at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.CleanupEngine.RemoveAppx(String AppxToRemove)
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.GPUCleanup.Cleannvidia(ThreadSettings config) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\GPUCleanup.vb:line 3256
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.GPUCleanup.Start(ThreadSettings config) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\GPUCleanup.vb:line 589
at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.frmMain.CleaningThread_Work(ThreadSettings config) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\frmMain.xaml.vb:line 459
I tried installing the newest .Net Framework.
What should i do?
Hi, what version of DDU are you using ? I have published a few minute ago version 18.0.3.0 that should fix this error.
If you still encounter the error with the latest version, please send me the logs at [email protected]
laslars

Post by laslars »

Hi,

I just saw the new version and already tried it.
After extracting i find that the executionable (yes in the DDU v18.0.3.0 folder) is still ver 18.0.2.9 in the metadata and the "new version available" message pops.
The change-date of that file is 12.09.2020 17:24
Something wrong about the new release? :?:
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

laslars wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:05 pm Hi,

I just saw the new version and already tried it.
After extracting i find that the executionable (yes in the DDU v18.0.3.0 folder) is still ver 18.0.2.9 in the metadata and the "new version available" message pops.
The change-date of that file is 12.09.2020 17:24
Something wrong about the new release? :?:
Opps, yeah there is something wrong. Give me 5 minutes to fix this.

Edit: I updated the file on the server, you may have to flush your browser cache to get the new version.
laslars

Post by laslars »

Thanks!
diegolopez

Post by diegolopez »

Hi, I got the same error:

Code: Select all

<Message>Method not found: 'Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperationWithProgress`2&lt;Windows.Management.Deployment.DeploymentResult,Windows.Management.Deployment.DeploymentProgress&gt; Windows.Management.Deployment.PackageManager.DeprovisionPackageForAllUsersAsync(System.String)'.</Message>
			<ExceptionData>
				<Message>Method not found: 'Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperationWithProgress`2&lt;Windows.Management.Deployment.DeploymentResult,Windows.Management.Deployment.DeploymentProgress&gt; Windows.Management.Deployment.PackageManager.DeprovisionPackageForAllUsersAsync(System.String)'.</Message>
				<TargetSite>RemoveAppx</TargetSite>
				<Source>Display Driver Uninstaller</Source>
				<StackTrace>   at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.CleanupEngine.RemoveAppx(String AppxToRemove)
   at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.frmMain.CleaningThread_Work(ThreadSettings config) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\frmMain.xaml.vb:line 459</StackTrace>
			</ExceptionData>
		</Error>
Should I email my log to [email protected]?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

diegolopez wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 am Hi, I got the same error:

Code: Select all

<ExceptionData>
				<TargetSite>RemoveAppx</TargetSite>
				<Source>Display Driver Uninstaller</Source>
				<StackTrace>   at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.CleanupEngine.RemoveAppx(String AppxToRemove)
   at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.frmMain.CleaningThread_Work(ThreadSettings config) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\frmMain.xaml.vb:line 459</StackTrace>
			</ExceptionData>
		</Error>
Should I email my log to [email protected]?
Yes, please.