DDU gets errors and fails.

streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

I just discovered that when Installing any version of NVIDIA drivers, even the run I am currently running, the install fails. As a result I turned to DDU. I ran DDU in safe mode and in normal mode and received errors and DDU failed. Here is the only log file I could find:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtusZi2hwX-rg5VcbVt ... w?e=P76Upm

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU gets errors and fails.

Post by Wagnard »

streetwolf wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:54 am I just discovered that when Installing any version of NVIDIA drivers, even the run I am currently running, the install fails. As a result I turned to DDU. I ran DDU in safe mode and in normal mode and received errors and DDU failed. Here is the only log file I could find:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtusZi2hwX-rg5VcbVt ... w?e=P76Upm
Hi, according to the logs, you seem to have a permission issue in your registry that is preventing your NVIDIA driver installation and even DDU from doing it's job.

I also saw you did not try to use DDU in safe mode. You could try to give it another shot in safe mode and check if the log still have he error.
streetwolf

Re: DDU gets errors and fails.

Post by streetwolf »

I decided to restore my system with the oldest disk image I still had available and that fixed the problem at least with installing the drivers. I didn't try DDU however to see if this was fixed also. Luckily I only went back about a week and I always keep track of changes I make for situations like this one. I got my system back up to date.

Taking backups is great unless you run into a major problem well after your last good backup is gone.

Just for the record I did try DDU in safe mode with the exact same error messages.