ddu messes up my internet connection and sound

amiga2500

Post by amiga2500 »

When i use ddu to uninstall drivers, it does that normally... but as soon as i boot up in normal mode, the aero theme is gone (windows 7 on my 2nd pc) and more importantly the internet and the sound services stop working... i tried to install drivers for both, but it still doesn't work... this never happened before, i reinstalled w7 twice and every time i use it, this happens. And i have to reinstall the whole os again
i didn't touch the settings like i always to, and it worked fine on every pc. Thoughts?
The motherboard has 2 lan ports and a seperate sound card. Could the issue be specific because of that or?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: ddu messes up my internet connection and sound

Post by Wagnard »

amiga2500 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:22 pm When i use ddu to uninstall drivers, it does that normally... but as soon as i boot up in normal mode, the aero theme is gone (windows 7 on my 2nd pc) and more importantly the internet and the sound services stop working... i tried to install drivers for both, but it still doesn't work... this never happened before, i reinstalled w7 twice and every time i use it, this happens. And i have to reinstall the whole os again
i didn't touch the settings like i always to, and it worked fine on every pc. Thoughts?
The motherboard has 2 lan ports and a seperate sound card. Could the issue be specific because of that or?
Hi, I would need the DDU logs to see what is causing this. if you can send them to info@wagnardsoft.com
Also when you have the issue how does the lan card and internet device look ? exclamation mark on it ?
Are you uninstalling an Nvidia / AMD or Intel ?

eskoONE

Post by eskoONE »

i think i have a similar if not the same issue. for some reason my ethernet adapter doesnt establish an internet connection when booting into windows 10. it takes a minute or two till it does so. i cant interact with the volume icon in the taskbar anymore as well.

first i thought it might be disabling windows driver update through ddu, but reversing that didnt solve the issue for me. this issue first occurred after the october update of windows 10 i think. it might have something to do with that, because windows update lets you install drivers manually now.

uninstalling ddu solves both issues and im absolutely lost as to why it behaves like that. does ddu run some kind of daemon in the background?

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

eskoONE wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:08 pm i think i have a similar if not the same issue. for some reason my ethernet adapter doesnt establish an internet connection when booting into windows 10. it takes a minute or two till it does so. i cant interact with the volume icon in the taskbar anymore as well.

first i thought it might be disabling windows driver update through ddu, but reversing that didnt solve the issue for me. this issue first occurred after the october update of windows 10 i think. it might have something to do with that, because windows update lets you install drivers manually now.

uninstalling ddu solves both issues and im absolutely lost as to why it behaves like that. does ddu run some kind of daemon in the background?
May I Know how you uninstall DDU as this il a portable application without an installer?

eskoONE

Post by eskoONE »

im using scoop.sh, which installs the portable version of the application.

eskoONE

Post by eskoONE »

after some testing it seems that the internet connection issue is related to messing with startup or shutdown scripts in win10. perhaps ddu stopping the windows update from installing drivers has some side effects. thats most likely whats causing trouble right now and is not directly caused by ddu.

Herrick

Post by Herrick »

amiga2500 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:22 pm When i use ddu to uninstall drivers, it does that normally... but as soon as i boot up in normal mode, the aero theme is gone (windows 7 on my 2nd pc) and more importantly the internet and the sound services stop working... i tried to install fmwhatsapp apk drivers for both, but it still doesn't work... this never happened before, i reinstalled w7 twice and every time i use it, this happens. And i have to reinstall the whole os again
Try a different cable or switch where it's plugged in at. I shit you not. Literally been having the issue where it gets to window logo, which it thens tries to load drivers, and decides that naaaah we don't use that port/connector with drivers. I have two cards that refuse dvi now, but anything else works, only when drivers are installed.