Missing graphics card in device manager

Challa

Post by Challa »

Hello, my issue is a little strange, but I was wondering if you could help.
My laptop has a switchable graphics setup, one integrated intel hd graphics, other amd radeon r9 m275x.
In my device manager, it showed only the intel graphics, and two entries for the AMD if you view hidden entries.
I couldn't have it be recognized even when I tried installing laptop manufacturer recommended driver, or the latest provided by graphics manufacturer.
So I tried the DDU, and it removed the entrys completely.
I thought I would use System restore to see if I could bring it back, but system restore also fails to succeed.

My questions are: Why was the two entries for AMD in device manager hidden? Does that mean it recognizes a connection to it, or it's just a saved setting that isn't currently connected?
And have you ever encountered any situation where the graphics card doesnt show up under display adapters? (It's usually always there, maybe with a warning or weird name, but I've yet to experience it not being there at all).
Please let me know if I can provide any further information. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've had quite a few issues with radeon drivers since upgrading to windows 10; it's quite possible I need to downgrade.
I've googled a bit and people seem to have a similar issue when switching to windows 10; but unfortunately downgrading to windows 8 is not an option at the time.
I also feel it should at least detect the display adapter, even if it has issues working correctly; but I have little experience with graphics.

Sponsor

Sponsor