So here is a bug I found with DDU.

Moosewala

Post by Moosewala »

What's up, boss? :lol:
Subject: notebook MSI GX70/GX60, different kind of these with 7970m or 8970m and Enduro (A8/A10 APUs like 5750M etc).
Problem: Using DDU for uninstalling all graphics drivers and then installing those brings a bug. Specifically Radeon Settings do not launch. However using AMD CleanUp Utility works like a charm.
Now further info is very important because this specific case is... very specific. These laptops have unique scheme of installing 2 drivers and I suspect that whereas some files or registries DDU misses don't bring a problem unless in specific scenarios like this.
In-deep details: 1. Uninstall drivers. 2. Install latest driver only (with a install inf method). 3. Install older legacy driver which installs full package of driver (for integrated only) and software. As you understood the Step 1 should be done with AMD CleanUp Utility instead of DDU otherwise... that bug.
Links: comment section of this youtube video and latest replies in AMD Community Forum
Now the funny part is I don't have this laptop:) I just shared the solution for GX laptops and got that feedback.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: So here is a bug I found with DDU.

Post by Wagnard »

Moosewala wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:46 pm What's up, boss? :lol:
Subject: notebook MSI GX70/GX60, different kind of these with 7970m or 8970m and Enduro (A8/A10 APUs like 5750M etc).
Problem: Using DDU for uninstalling all graphics drivers and then installing those brings a bug. Specifically Radeon Settings do not launch. However using AMD CleanUp Utility works like a charm.
Now further info is very important because this specific case is... very specific. These laptops have unique scheme of installing 2 drivers and I suspect that whereas some files or registries DDU misses don't bring a problem unless in specific scenarios like this.
In-deep details: 1. Uninstall drivers. 2. Install latest driver only (with a install inf method). 3. Install older legacy driver which installs full package of driver (for integrated only) and software. As you understood the Step 1 should be done with AMD CleanUp Utility instead of DDU otherwise... that bug.
Links: comment section of this youtube video and latest replies in AMD Community Forum
Now the funny part is I don't have this laptop:) I just shared the solution for GX laptops and got that feedback.
Hi, I would appreciate if you could send me the DDU logs for this issue. You can zip de log folder and send it to. [email protected]