When I boot into Safemode and use DDU my resolution is still 1080p and its not changing.

fr3akzi

When I boot into Safemode and use DDU my resolution is still 1080p and its not changing.

Post by fr3akzi »

I reinstalled windows multiple times, used DDU multiple times in safe mode and without, but nothing works. Everytime I install the drivers for RX 5700XT I get the black screen of death. Note that when I installed Windows 10 it automatically got the 1080p resolution and not the weird resolution when you dont have any drivers. Same when I boot into safe mode. I need help I cant play any games.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: When I boot into Safemode and use DDU my resolution is still 1080p and its not changing.

Post by Wagnard »

fr3akzi wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:25 pm I reinstalled windows multiple times, used DDU multiple times in safe mode and without, but nothing works. Everytime I install the drivers for RX 5700XT I get the black screen of death. Note that when I installed Windows 10 it automatically got the 1080p resolution and not the weird resolution when you dont have any drivers. Same when I boot into safe mode. I need help I cant play any games.
Hi,
For your black screen with or without DDU, it's not something I really can help, this should be discussed with AMD directly (possible bad card).
You may try another cable type (if you are using an HDMI , switch to DisplayPort)

For the resolution, it is normal if the system is configured with UEFI in the bios and have CSM disabled, then the resolution will look ok even without a driver because of how the recent BIOS/Windows work.
fr3akzi

Re: When I boot into Safemode and use DDU my resolution is still 1080p and its not changing.

Post by fr3akzi »

I have CSM enabled though
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

fr3akzi wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:39 pm I have CSM enabled though
Even with CSM enabled, depending of some others option the resolution may look ok. But for your blackscreen, you should really check with AMD directly.
You could test the card in another computer to see if the same issue happen.
fr3akzi

Post by fr3akzi »

The thing is the system worked fine since December-yesterday..