Can't set proper resolution after using DDU

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Can't set proper resolution after using DDU

Post by Wagnard »

Raftar wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:20 pm After using DDU, I can't change my resolution above 1600x1200. I figured the program must've just uninstalled the monitor drivers with the AMD drivers so I reinstalled the one corresponding to my monitor's model through the dvd that came with it, but it still won't let me change my resolution to 1920x1080. After installing monitor drivers the monitor switches from "generic non-pnp monitor" type to something like "display tool:VGA" but that doesn't really help.

My video card is an AMD Radeon R9 270X and I am on Win7 and my monitor is a Samsung S24D300H, I've previously never had this issue when using AMD Cleanup Utility, the resolution always changed back to 1920x1080 as soon as I finished installing the AMD drivers. I've used DDU in safe mode and I have windows auto updates disabled.
Hi, if you can't change back your resolution, it sound like you didn't re-install your driver after cleaning up. The monitor driver is not affecting this usually. You need a functional driver to up your resolution.

Re: Can't set proper resolution after using DDU

Sponsor

Sponsor