gpu undetectable after using ddu?

SuttonWillow

Post by SuttonWillow »

so I bought a new gpu and thought I should probably do fresh install...….. these are my problem 1) device manager will not detect gpu 2) hidden items also wil not detect gpu 3) installing driver fails due to no gpu installed.

what I did was install ddu then I went to system config and set up boot to safe mode then I restarted pc with no gpu installed.... then I ran ddu it uninstalled all NVidia files and drivers..... next I went into system config while in safe mode and reset boot so it didn't go into safe mode again then I shut down pc...... then installed brand new gpu (rtx2080ti)......... then turned on pc to see I have no display using gpu ports(I can only get display by plugging into the mother board HDMI port and using integrated CPU graphics.........I go and try and install new drivers

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: gpu undetectable after using ddu?

Post by Wagnard »

SuttonWillow wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:46 am so I bought a new gpu and thought I should probably do fresh install...….. these are my problem 1) device manager will not detect gpu 2) hidden items also wil not detect gpu 3) installing driver fails due to no gpu installed.

what I did was install ddu then I went to system config and set up boot to safe mode then I restarted pc with no gpu installed.... then I ran ddu it uninstalled all NVidia files and drivers..... next I went into system config while in safe mode and reset boot so it didn't go into safe mode again then I shut down pc...... then installed brand new gpu (rtx2080ti)......... then turned on pc to see I have no display using gpu ports(I can only get display by plugging into the mother board HDMI port and using integrated CPU graphics.........I go and try and install new drivers
Hi,
You should normally be able to see the system POST / Bios with the new GPU. If not, either the card have something / need to be re-insert or a configuration change is needed in bios.
Note: It is impossible that DDU prevent a new card to POST / see the BIOS. DDU only affect Windows and POST / Bios is before windows is involved.

if I were you, I would re-install the new card physically, clear CMOS. If this still fail, enter bios and disable the iGPU and force a PCI-E device as primary device.