Is it possible to DDU when building a new computer? (Except GPU)

rony_12

Post by rony_12 »

So I'm building a new-ish computer, updating everything except the GPU and Storage, and I know it won't change much, but I want it to feel like a brand new pc. I'll also be changing the thermal paste in my GPU, and I'm wondering if I can DDU, then put my new pc parts together, reinstall windows, and so on...

because I know it's not a good idea if you're having troubles. So, do you think I should (or can) DDU? I feel like I'm going to do it anyhow, but I'd appreciate some feedback beforehand, and I obviously won't do it if anything awful can happen (I've done it before since there were weird flickering lights on my screen while playing mafia and tarkov). https://router-net.com/ip/192-168-29-1

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Last edited by rony_12 on Sat May 29, 2021 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to DDU when building a new computer? (Except GPU)

Post by Wagnard »

rony_12 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:20 am So I'm building a new-ish computer, updating everything except the GPU and Storage, and I know it won't change much, but I want it to feel like a brand new pc. I'll also be changing the thermal paste in my GPU, and I'm wondering if I can DDU, then put my new pc parts together, reinstall windows, and so on...

because I know it's not a good idea if you're having troubles. So, do you think I should (or can) DDU? I feel like I'm going to do it anyhow, but I'd appreciate some feedback beforehand, and I obviously won't do it if anything awful can happen (I've done it before since there were weird flickering lights on my screen while playing mafia and tarkov).

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
On a fresh Windows install, it will probably not help as your issue sound more like an hardware issue.