DDU is successful but NVIDIA drivers remain

Shijune

Post by Shijune »

I've encountered a very strange problem with the latest version of DDU. DDU has worked perfectly for me up until this point, so I'm a bit confused.

I followed the instructions - Safe Mode, no internet connection, Run As Administrator, select "Clean and Restart". It did its thing and said it was successful. However, after restarting, all my NVIDIA drivers were still there, untouched, like I never ran DDU. I then tried it again, but I disabled all my internet adapters beforehand, just in case Windows 10 was automatically re-instaling them. After it restarted, same results - NVIDIA drivers were untouched, nothing was uninstalled.

Google was no help since it only brought up results like "Drivers won't uninstall" - threads where people were recommended DDU, not situations where DDU was the problem. It did add a "DDU logs" folder, but never produced any logs. The progress text did say "successful" or "done" before automatically restarting.

Am I permanently stuck with these drivers?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU is successful but NVIDIA drivers remain

Post by Wagnard »

Shijune wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 am I've encountered a very strange problem with the latest version of DDU. DDU has worked perfectly for me up until this point, so I'm a bit confused.

I followed the instructions - Safe Mode, no internet connection, Run As Administrator, select "Clean and Restart". It did its thing and said it was successful. However, after restarting, all my NVIDIA drivers were still there, untouched, like I never ran DDU. I then tried it again, but I disabled all my internet adapters beforehand, just in case Windows 10 was automatically re-instaling them. After it restarted, same results - NVIDIA drivers were untouched, nothing was uninstalled.

Google was no help since it only brought up results like "Drivers won't uninstall" - threads where people were recommended DDU, not situations where DDU was the problem. It did add a "DDU logs" folder, but never produced any logs. The progress text did say "successful" or "done" before automatically restarting.

Am I permanently stuck with these drivers?
Hi,
That's quite strange!
Could you send me the DDU logs folder at [email protected] so I can check what happened.
Thanks.