Stuck after safe mode boot up!!

Boyce

Post by Boyce »

Hello! First of all thank you for a great program, it helped me alot over the years.

To the problem. I Run DDU and use "safe mode" as I always have but now when the computer have restarted my password doesn't work anymore.
I tried to follow the faq and restart in advanced option and command prompt but befor I get to write the commands I need to put in my password again, and the password doesn't work there either.
I don't have any Window 10 CDs because the PC came preinstalled with windows and came without the disk and I don't have a USB with windows either.
I'm pretty bad at computers and I don't dare to mess with the bios because I have no idea what I'm doing in there.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Stuck after safe mode boot up!!

Post by Wagnard »

Boyce wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:25 pm Hello! First of all thank you for a great program, it helped me alot over the years.

To the problem. I Run DDU and use "safe mode" as I always have but now when the computer have restarted my password doesn't work anymore.
I tried to follow the faq and restart in advanced option and command prompt but befor I get to write the commands I need to put in my password again, and the password doesn't work there either.
I don't have any Window 10 CDs because the PC came preinstalled with windows and came without the disk and I don't have a USB with windows either.
I'm pretty bad at computers and I don't dare to mess with the bios because I have no idea what I'm doing in there.
Hi,
First, DDU doesn't change password. Windows sometime will. Do weird stuff and it is possible we you try to go into safe mode that you need to use an older password or event the first one that was use. This is especially true for login email that we're used, are not from Microsoft (Gmail, yahoo, etc..)
Also be sure to check if Windows is asking a password or a Pin. Some time the option changes.