Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.4.1 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.4.1 Released.

Post by Wagnard »

Here is the response from Microsoft :

No malware detected

Analyst comments:

We have removed the detection. Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions.

1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”
3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate"

Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

Sponsor

Sponsor

DigitalIP

Post by DigitalIP »

I dont know if this has been brought up at all in the past, but Win10 allows the use of the Password OR Pin in Safe Mode now, not sure if you maybe wanted to modify the warning at some so figured i'd mention it since its not necessarily an issue anymore.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

DigitalIP wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:44 am I dont know if this has been brought up at all in the past, but Win10 allows the use of the Password OR Pin in Safe Mode now, not sure if you maybe wanted to modify the warning at some so figured i'd mention it since its not necessarily an issue anymore.
Yeah I should probably update that, thanks for the suggestion.
gdfsgdfg

Post by gdfsgdfg »

I haven't used this version yet, but there's a bit of a known problem with nvidia dch and non-dch drivers right now.

If you do a clean install of windows 10 with internet on it will automatically download a DCH version of an nvidia driver and even if you uninstall it using DDU you will still not be able to install a standard non-dch driver there's some methods around that don't work anymore that I've tried.

I'm having this issue on the laptop currently.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

gdfsgdfg wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:34 am I haven't used this version yet, but there's a bit of a known problem with nvidia dch and non-dch drivers right now.

If you do a clean install of windows 10 with internet on it will automatically download a DCH version of an nvidia driver and even if you uninstall it using DDU you will still not be able to install a standard non-dch driver there's some methods around that don't work anymore that I've tried.

I'm having this issue on the laptop currently.
If you uninstall the DCH driver with DDU, you can install the standard after.
I know there is some card that it is just impossible to install the standard and *must* use DCH.