Visual Studio(C++/SDL2) nvd3dum.pdb could not be found in the selected paths

rizarefaldi

Post by rizarefaldi »

Recently I had alot of graphic driver issues, so today I used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove my Nvidia drivers and do a clean install. All good, but now when I try to compile one of my programs I get the following error: "nvd3dum.pdb could not be found in the selected paths" (exception thrown)

What I tried so far:
  • reinstall the Nvidia drivers(again), since its a Nvidia file that should be the problem?
    repair visual studio and update
    download all symbols via windows server (Tools->Debugging->Symbols->Server)
I use the boost lib, SDL2(+image,audio,ttf,net),lua/c++ binding, its an "older" project created with VS2015 ukuran kertas a4 dalam cm

I tried another program(also SDL2), I get the same warning but it doesnt throw any exception and works fine.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Visual Studio(C++/SDL2) nvd3dum.pdb could not be found in the selected paths

Post by Wagnard »

rizarefaldi wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:18 pm Recently I had alot of graphic driver issues, so today I used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove my Nvidia drivers and do a clean install. All good, but now when I try to compile one of my programs I get the following error: "nvd3dum.pdb could not be found in the selected paths" (exception thrown)

What I tried so far:
  • reinstall the Nvidia drivers(again), since its a Nvidia file that should be the problem?
    repair visual studio and update
    download all symbols via windows server (Tools->Debugging->Symbols->Server)
I use the boost lib, SDL2(+image,audio,ttf,net),lua/c++ binding, its an "older" project created with VS2015 ukuran kertas a4 dalam cm

I tried another program(also SDL2), I get the same warning but it doesnt throw any exception and works fine.
Do you have some details on where this file "nvd3dum.pdb" ?
I also saw some post with similar issue to yours not related to DDU : https://discourse.libsdl.org/t/multi-th ... hs/23906/6