SCCM Usage

syscruncher

SCCM Usage

Post by syscruncher »

Hello,

First, thank you for this program, easily and simply fixed an issue I have been ripping my hair out for days over! I I made sure to send over a small donation just for that.

Anyway, has anyone tried to use this program in a task sequence as part of imaging a computer in SCCM? I found the information in the forums for a silent command line run just looking to see if anyone has applied this command line while imaging.

"Display Driver Uninstaller.exe" -logging -silent -removemonitors -cleanintel -restart

The problem I am having is that I spent a week creating a fairly intricate image for a new class of hardware. My superiors gave me instructions that it was supposed to power all of the new laptops and desktops. I created the image and it worked perfectly for it's intended purpose until they liked it so much that they wanted me to make it backward compatible with all of our old hardware as well. This wasn't too much of a challenge, I just packaged up the drivers for those versions and all is good. There are two hardware versions (out of eight) that are troublesome, though. They have integrated Intel graphics and after imaging, they show in device manager as a generic VGA graphics adapter. Even when applying the official OEM package and reference Intel drivers, nothing fixes the issue (until DDU came along.)

What I want to attempt before I load the entire image onto a vm and run DDU then try and recapture is load DDU into an SCCM package using the silent commmand line option and then apply the drivers after that step. Anyone have experience with anything similar to this?

SCCM Usage

Sponsor

Sponsor