GT650M Driver Power State Failure

hlreijnders

Post by hlreijnders »

Hey,

I have been using your DDU quite some time now, and never had any problems with it. A couple of days ago I wanted to clean up my Clevo w110er (Windows 10) with DDU. So I booted into safe mode and deleted the drivers for my Geforce GT650M and the Intel HD 3000. Everything went well and I rebooted my machine. At first I installed the Intel HD 3000 graphics without problems. After that I went on with the nVidia Drivers. During the installation of the drivers I got a Blue screen with the error "Driver Power State Failure". Since then everytime I boot into Windows I will get this error.

I already tried to:
- Remove all the video drivers and use older drivers. But that didn't work.
- Disabling the GT650M in the device panel works, but then I only get to use the slow HD 3000.
- Format my drive and reïnstall windows 10. But as soon as I trie to install the nVidia drivers I get the same BSOD again.

Please help.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: GT650M Driver Power State Failure

Post by Wagnard »

hlreijnders wrote:Hey,

I have been using your DDU quite some time now, and never had any problems with it. A couple of days ago I wanted to clean up my Clevo w110er (Windows 10) with DDU. So I booted into safe mode and deleted the drivers for my Geforce GT650M and the Intel HD 3000. Everything went well and I rebooted my machine. At first I installed the Intel HD 3000 graphics without problems. After that I went on with the nVidia Drivers. During the installation of the drivers I got a Blue screen with the error "Driver Power State Failure". Since then everytime I boot into Windows I will get this error.

I already tried to:
- Remove all the video drivers and use older drivers. But that didn't work.
- Disabling the GT650M in the device panel works, but then I only get to use the slow HD 3000.
- Format my drive and reïnstall windows 10. But as soon as I trie to install the nVidia drivers I get the same BSOD again.

Please help.
-Try another nVidia driver version
-Try another Intel driver version
-Try the one supplied by your manufacturer
-Update computer bios (if an update is available)
hlreijnders

Post by hlreijnders »

Wagnard wrote: -Try another nVidia driver version
Thanks for the reply!

I already tried older nVidia drivers, as well as beta drivers and even old Windows 8 drivers (the one supplied by Clevo). I also tried different Intel drivers. Since I was already on the latest bios version I tried a modded bios and tried to clear CMOS. But nothing helps. Is it possible that while uninstalling the old/installing the new drivers, my GPU has been stuck in a wrong power state? Because even when I install and run Windows 8 it gives the BSOD. Is there a way to change such states?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

hlreijnders wrote:
Wagnard wrote: -Try another nVidia driver version
Thanks for the reply!

I already tried older nVidia drivers, as well as beta drivers and even old Windows 8 drivers (the one supplied by Clevo). I also tried different Intel drivers. Since I was already on the latest bios version I tried a modded bios and tried to clear CMOS. But nothing helps. Is it possible that while uninstalling the old/installing the new drivers, my GPU has been stuck in a wrong power state? Because even when I install and run Windows 8 it gives the BSOD. Is there a way to change such states?
I don't know if it is possible to be stuck in a wrong power state.
I think you should ask clevo directly.

Have you tried the Intel driver from. Clevo? I saw some issue for the NVIDIA card that was caused by the Intel driver.
hlreijnders

Post by hlreijnders »

Wagnard wrote: I don't know if it is possible to be stuck in a wrong power state.
I think you should ask clevo directly.

Have you tried the Intel driver from. Clevo? I saw some issue for the NVIDIA card that was caused by the Intel driver.
I have just tried to uninstall the Intel and nVidia drivers with DDU and then install the drivers from the Clevo website. It now lets me boot to the desktop. So that is an improvement. But after a minute or so it crashes again. I also can't open the nVidia control panel. It's just running in the background (taskmanager), but doesn't show. I will try to contact Clevo.
hlreijnders

Post by hlreijnders »

So I managed to solve the problem a little bit.

When I start the laptop, the GT650m needs to be disabled. When the system is booted I would enable the GT650m in the device manager and then as fast as I can need to open the program GPU Shark (monitoring utility). As long as I have this program enabled I can run everything, like games without problems. But as soon as I close GPU Shark while the GT650m is enabled I will get the BSOD stating "Driver Power State Failure". So I think the GPU is fine, but it is not able to wake up properly. Maybe this info is of any help for you to help me? :P
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

hlreijnders wrote:So I managed to solve the problem a little bit.

When I start the laptop, the GT650m needs to be disabled. When the system is booted I would enable the GT650m in the device manager and then as fast as I can need to open the program GPU Shark (monitoring utility). As long as I have this program enabled I can run everything, like games without problems. But as soon as I close GPU Shark while the GT650m is enabled I will get the BSOD stating "Driver Power State Failure". So I think the GPU is fine, but it is not able to wake up properly. Maybe this info is of any help for you to help me? :P
Seems as something with powersaving with the GPU could be the issue.
I suggest you bring this to the attention of NVIDIA. (along with the .DMP of the bsod it generated.)
john012

Post by john012 »

Mail a friend send me when I got this issue again

Related to amd_sata.sys AHCI 1.2 Device Driver from Advanced Micro Devices.

I would run a system file check (just to verify the OS) and go to the computer mfr and see if there is a newer driver. I would also see if there is a newer BIOS

To run a system file check (SFC)
Go to start>type CMD>right click and run as administrator> Type SFC /scannow

let us know what it says at the end.
You may have to run this up to 3 times.

http://www.deskdecode.com/driver-power-state-failure/
khalidkhan1

Post by khalidkhan1 »

Driver Power State Failure issue started because of the old drivers. It effects both Wi-Fi and display drivers. This issue pops up when one of your drivers went to a lower state while you are utilizing your system. The issue arises when the device or driver is unable to respond from the signal that your system sent. Here we have some methods to fix this error. For more details you can consult this website https://appuals.com/fix-driver-power-st ... n-windows/
Method 1 Updating Drivers: Here you just have to hold Windows key and tap R, now write devmgmt.msc and click Enter. Choose the options of sound, video and game controllers, Display adapters and any other device driver that have yellow sign and double-click them. Then select Update Driver Software and tap right click on the device. Pick the option of Search automatically for updated driver software and you will see some commands. Restart your system at the end.

Method 2 Changing Performance Settings: You have to change performance settings to fix this issue just press R, hold Windows key and write powercfg.cpl before tapping Enter. Tap the option of Change plan settings of your chosen plan and pick Change advanced power settings. Now double click the option of PCI Express or Graphic Settings and alter their setting by maximum performance from the drop down menu or by choosing off. Then double click Wireless adapter settings and power saving and pick maximum performance from the drop down list. At the end tap Apply. You would successfully be able to resolve this error.
HoltRead

Post by HoltRead »

Hi....I tried everything from installing older drivers, formatting my ssd and install a fresh version of windows, other OS's, reset the bios and CMOS. But no matter what I try, it always gives me this BSOD when I install the nVidia drivers.

The only thing that works is going into safe mode and disable the GT650M in the device manager. This let's me boot into Windows, but it only makes me use the slow HD 3000.

pcb assembly process