Windows can't detect dedicated nvidia card after DDU.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Windows can't detect dedicated nvidia card after DDU.

Post by Wagnard »

sorkola wrote:Welp, I can see the supposed gpu but it's listed as "Display" ( and it was actually listed as that before i cleaned with DDU). So any ideas how to make it work?
This is a "not present device" not related to the problem there. Can we see what is lower on device manager?

Sponsor

Sponsor

sorkola

Post by sorkola »

This "Display" is a gpu, because if i delete it from device manager and scan again it wiil show up as "3d video adapter" or something until next reboot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

sorkola wrote:This "Display" is a gpu, because if i delete it from device manager and scan again it wiil show up as "3d video adapter" or something until next reboot.
OK we could try something, if you want, we could use TeamViewer so I can check myself and fix it.
If you're interested, simply email me the ID and password that TeamViewer will give you and I will connect shortly after.

[email protected]
sorkola

Post by sorkola »

Wagnard wrote:
sorkola wrote:This "Display" is a gpu, because if i delete it from device manager and scan again it wiil show up as "3d video adapter" or something until next reboot.
OK we could try something, if you want, we could use TeamViewer so I can check myself and fix it.
If you're interested, simply email me the ID and password that TeamViewer will give you and I will connect shortly after.

[email protected]
Any way you could tell me what would you do? Unfortunately laptop isn't mine and it's really hard to find time to meddle with it even for me. Otherwise I'm just gonna install a fresh Windows and be done with it.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

sorkola wrote:
Wagnard wrote:

[email protected]
Any way you could tell me what would you do? Unfortunately laptop isn't mine and it's really hard to find time to meddle with it even for me. Otherwise I'm just gonna install a fresh Windows and be done with it.
To help, I really need to see what is under "System" in device manager.
sorkola

Post by sorkola »

Well it's been over a month since my last post but I only remembered to reply now, sorry. Fixed the problem by simply installing a fresh copy of windows, no problems since. Thanks for trying to help though!