Windows can't detect dedicated nvidia card after DDU.

sorkola

Post by sorkola »

Hello,

So there is a strange problem with my friend's MSI GE70 laptop. We couldn't install any nvidia drivers, it would just give out an error while installing any driver version. I decided to use DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall any nvidia leftovers and try a fresh install. Now the problem is that device manager doesn't detect any videocard except the intel one. I've tried to reset BIOS to default and other advices such as battery removal, the problem remained. It's a laptop so obviously I can't just remove and insert card again so only way out is software decisions I guess. I tried system recovery and device manager picked up 3d video adapter but still I couldn't install any drivers. Any advice other than try and install a fresh copy of windows? And would that even help?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Windows can't detect dedicated nvidia card after DDU.

Post by Wagnard »

sorkola wrote:Hello,

So there is a strange problem with my friend's MSI GE70 laptop. We couldn't install any nvidia drivers, it would just give out an error while installing any driver version. I decided to use DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall any nvidia leftovers and try a fresh install. Now the problem is that device manager doesn't detect any videocard except the intel one. I've tried to reset BIOS to default and other advices such as battery removal, the problem remained. It's a laptop so obviously I can't just remove and insert card again so only way out is software decisions I guess. I tried system recovery and device manager picked up 3d video adapter but still I couldn't install any drivers. Any advice other than try and install a fresh copy of windows? And would that even help?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Send me the DDU logs and a screen shot of your device manager. I may have an idea of the problem.
sorkola

Post by sorkola »

Heey, thanks for answering!

I'll try to send you the logs later, it's kinda late and I can't get access to the laptop right now. If you have any ideas could you share them with me so maybe I could try to check them when I'll have a chance?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

sorkola wrote:Heey, thanks for answering!

I'll try to send you the logs later, it's kinda late and I can't get access to the laptop right now. If you have any ideas could you share them with me so maybe I could try to check them when I'll have a chance?
I think you could have a device disabled in devicemanager.
ALso the DDU logs is need so I can see if there were errors related to the cleanUP.
I personally do not own laptop that is switch from Intel to nVIdia. So there could be bugs or adjustments needed for DDU.
sorkola

Post by sorkola »

Alright, I'll send the log to as soon as i can, thanks again for trying to help!
sorkola

Post by sorkola »

Hello again,

Here you go, both logs from both times I tried to use DDU. Apparently I can't use forum attachments to send an xml file so I just uploaded an archive, hope u dont mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

sorkola wrote:Hello again,

Here you go, both logs from both times I tried to use DDU. Apparently I can't use forum attachments to send an xml file so I just uploaded an archive, hope u dont mind.
No problems, have you checked if you had a device in device manager either disabled or with a yellow exclamation mark(or something similar)
sorkola

Post by sorkola »

Yup, checked about hundred times.
sorkola

Post by sorkola »

Well I think there is one way I could try to check it, using some cmd commands. I'll post the results but that didn't work earlier. Any other ideas how to force the laptop to somehow recognize the card?
sorkola

Post by sorkola »

Welp, I can see the supposed gpu but it's listed as "Display" ( and it was actually listed as that before i cleaned with DDU). So any ideas how to make it work?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.