Generic Monitors won't install if you reinstall nVidia

Zardoc

Post by Zardoc »

Hi,

I just noticed that with this version of DDU (maybe older ones also), generic drivers for monitor will not be reinstalled if you only install driver. Also generic driver for audio of monitor will also be flushed if you don't install nVidia audio. I'm not sure if this will be the case for a full install of driver. :shock:
I Think I'm so smart, that I'm dumb enough to believe it!! :roll:
My computers
My Web Site

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Generic Monitors won't install if you reinstall nVidia

Post by Wagnard »

Zardoc wrote:Hi,

I just noticed that with this version of DDU (maybe older ones also), generic drivers for monitor will not be reinstalled if you only install driver. Also generic driver for audio of monitor will also be flushed if you don't install nVidia audio. I'm not sure if this will be the case for a full install of driver. :shock:
There should be no problem with a full driver install.
But if you encounter something abnormal, please tell me.
Zardoc

Post by Zardoc »

Hi,

Thanks for posting back.

Problem is exactly that. I don't install full driver just physyx and card driver. 8-)

This has only been happening with one or two versions of DDU.

Tried uninstall and new install without DDU and did not get problem.

Thanks.
My computers
My Web Site
Zardoc

Post by Zardoc »

HI,

Latest version 17.0.40 still removes generic PNP monitor drivers and default audio driver. This needs to be looked at.

I don't install the nVidia audio drivers and i'd like to not have my generic monitor drivers not get flushed. :shock:

My computers
My Web Site
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Zardoc wrote:HI,

Latest version 17.0.40 still removes generic PNP monitor drivers and default audio driver. This needs to be looked at.

I don't install the nVidia audio drivers and i'd like to not have my generic monitor drivers not get flushed. :shock:

If you check the options, there is an option to prevent removing monitors already.

On my system, the generic monitor comes back automatically and does not seems stuck like your screen shot.
Zardoc

Post by Zardoc »

OK, I'll check that.

What about default audio? Again I don't install nVidia audio. Here is what it should look like.
Thanks for your support. 8-)
My computers
My Web Site
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Zardoc wrote:OK, I'll check that.

What about default audio? Again I don't install nVidia audio. Here is what it should look like.
Thanks for your support. 8-)
Technically since you do not install the nVidia audio driver, what are the results if DDU remove the "generic" audio driver? Shouldn't the result be the same? Generic driver for the audio should reinstall.
Unless there is something I don't understand.
I don't see why you don't want to uninstall the audio driver while you already do not have it installed (I'm confused)
Zardoc

Post by Zardoc »

OK,

I know it seems confusing.

Older versions of DDU did not remove generic drivers for audio on monitors and generic monitors.

The monitor part is fine, you explained that.

The problem is if I run DDU, my generic audio for monitor is flushed. Since I don't install nVidia audio, I end up with ''Other device'' without a driver. You can see the nVidia audio driver installed for the monitor because I chose to let it install (the image that shows generic monitor). However, it still shows under ''Other device''. If you look at my other image were nVidia drivers were simply uninstalled without DDU, there isn't an ''Other device'' listed, monitors show up under their device and audio for monitor is under ''audio controllers'' because I only installed Video driver and PhysX.

I hope that you understand :? :D
My computers
My Web Site
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Zardoc wrote:OK,

I know it seems confusing.

Older versions of DDU did not remove generic drivers for audio on monitors and generic monitors.

The monitor part is fine, you explained that.

The problem is if I run DDU, my generic audio for monitor is flushed. Since I don't install nVidia audio, I end up with ''Other device'' without a driver. You can see the nVidia audio driver installed for the monitor because I chose to let it install (the image that shows generic monitor). However, it still shows under ''Other device''. If you look at my other image were nVidia drivers were simply uninstalled without DDU, there isn't an ''Other device'' listed, monitors show up under their device and audio for monitor is under ''audio controllers'' because I only installed Video driver and PhysX.

I hope that you understand :? :D
I think I understand.
Just to know, if you use DDU and untick the removal of the monitor, do you still have the audio getting removed too?
If so, send me the DDU logs so I can check the details, [email protected]
Zardoc

Post by Zardoc »

I think I understand.
Just to know, if you use DDU and untick the removal of the monitor, do you still have the audio getting removed too?
If so, send me the DDU logs so I can check the details, [email protected]
I'll check out as soon as I get the time.

Thanks.
My computers
My Web Site