Way to revert the driversearching registry key change?

lizorama

Post by lizorama »

Hi there

With the ability to hide updates via https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930, is here a way to revert the way that DDU disables the DriverSearching so that it can still update other drivers as needed? That troubleshooter will allow us to hide any incompatible updates for gfx drivers and still update other drivers that need support.

Thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Way to revert the driversearching registry key change?

Post by Wagnard »

lizorama wrote:Hi there

With the ability to hide updates via https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930, is here a way to revert the way that DDU disables the DriverSearching so that it can still update other drivers as needed? That troubleshooter will allow us to hide any incompatible updates for gfx drivers and still update other drivers that need support.

Thanks
Yes button #4 with DDU (Set Windows automatic driver installation to default)
DrunkMonk74

Post by DrunkMonk74 »

I've tried hitting button number 4, and literally nothing happens. I've used it a couple times in the past and you normally get a pop up saying "Done", but at the moment with the latest version, nothing seems to happen and the button text remains the same, ie it tell you to press it to enable default windows driver updates. Again in the past when I've used this button, and after you press it to enable windows updates, the button text changes to say disable windows updates, I presume becuase it's recognising the registry setting.

Tried on the latest version and rolled back a couple of version of DDU and having the same issue.

Any ideas?
i7-5960X @ 4.2GHz; Asus X99-Deluxe; 64Gb Hyper X Fury 2133MHz; 512Gb Samsung 850 Pro; EVGA Titan X SC; Asus PG279Q; NZXT Kraken X61; Corsair AX1200i; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless; Logitech G13; Logitech G900; Windows 10 x64
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

DrunkMonk74 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:59 pm I've tried hitting button number 4, and literally nothing happens. I've used it a couple times in the past and you normally get a pop up saying "Done", but at the moment with the latest version, nothing seems to happen and the button text remains the same, ie it tell you to press it to enable default windows driver updates. Again in the past when I've used this button, and after you press it to enable windows updates, the button text changes to say disable windows updates, I presume becuase it's recognising the registry setting.

Tried on the latest version and rolled back a couple of version of DDU and having the same issue.

Any ideas?
Humm like you say, it should say done.
Try another time and send me the DDU logs. If there is problem it should be logged.