Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.5.3 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

ChangeLog:

-Additional AMD service CleanUP
-Speedup a little the files removals.
-Reworked messages for "Windows Device Installation settings."
-Removed first time message
-Small bug fixes.

SHA1: 7C20F3616C22F7201994564F8BFC0978E253A813

Recommended usage:
-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
-Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
-It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.

Note: If you have issues for downloading the file, it could be one of your extension interfering with our hotlink protection.

Official Download Here
If you wish to help DDU, you can make a Donation.

Here is an interesting application from 1 of my partner. It is a useful tool that may help you update outdated drivers.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jacob Klein

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.5.3 Released.

Post by Jacob Klein »

Thanks for reworking the info on that button - Perhaps you might additionally consider giving it a tooltip, which tells the user the exact registry key being changed?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Jacob Klein wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:31 pm Thanks for reworking the info on that button - Perhaps you might additionally consider giving it a tooltip, which tells the user the exact registry key being changed?
I'll see about this.
While I like the idea, I wouldn't want everyone starting to ask me every registry key changes done by DDU.
That's why the source is available.
Jacob Klein

Post by Jacob Klein »

The problem is that ... it seems that you are changing an option that isn't available in the Windows UI anywhere. If it was something the user could "see" and "easily change in the UI", then the button would be fine. However, as it is, the user can't "see" and "easily change in the UI", so the button (and the fact that you use the registry setting on cleanup), is a bit scary (to me at least), and easy to forget to "put back".

In an ideal world, I'd want DDU to show me the current status of the setting, and the button to be a toggle capable of switching Off **AND** On.