DDU has me blocked at "account login phase"

Harvestmoon

Post by Harvestmoon »

Having sign-in issues with my Microsoft account, and when I tried to run DDU software and was alerted that I would need to use my Microsoft account to continue, I logged off and went through process of changing my account password just to be sure it was active (hadn't used it in a while so I wanted to be certain). When I booted up the DDU and put in my new password it was refused...tried old one and of coarse it too was refused. Did not create password key in portable stick as I had never , until now seen a good reason. Tried to boot the computer with the boot drive uninstalled using my win10 disk but it seems that DDU has taken complete control of my computer at the moment as it takes me back to the "safe mode" log in and I am stuck there.
Does anyone know how to get around this?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU has me blocked at "account login phase"

Post by Wagnard »

Harvestmoon wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:07 pm Having sign-in issues with my Microsoft account, and when I tried to run DDU software and was alerted that I would need to use my Microsoft account to continue, I logged off and went through process of changing my account password just to be sure it was active (hadn't used it in a while so I wanted to be certain). When I booted up the DDU and put in my new password it was refused...tried old one and of coarse it too was refused. Did not create password key in portable stick as I had never , until now seen a good reason. Tried to boot the computer with the boot drive uninstalled using my win10 disk but it seems that DDU has taken complete control of my computer at the moment as it takes me back to the "safe mode" log in and I am stuck there.
Does anyone know how to get around this?
What method you usually have for login in windows? PIN? are you using a Microsoft account to sign in or a yahoo/ any other.?

If you want to quickly remove the flag that DDU added to your booting configuration, use this link : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13
Harvestmoon

Post by Harvestmoon »

Thanks for the reply...I will give this a try. I have been using the pin to log in through Microsoft.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Harvestmoon wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:24 pm Thanks for the reply...I will give this a try. I have been using the pin to log in through Microsoft.
Pin is not working, you need the real password in safe mode.