DDU Killed Windows Update Service

BestNoob

Post by BestNoob »

Hello. I used DDU some times before but now i had hughe problems. I have a Nvidia GTX 960 OC and running Windows 7 64 Bit.
First i tried to remove my NVIDIA Drivers with V17.0.6.0 but it hangs up at registry cleanup in Safemode, than succesfully removed it with V17.0.6.1

After a fresh installation of the latest NVIDIA Drivers Experience got broken and this two messages poping up

An error accours, please try to restart your system.
Share function can not be started

Additionally the Windows search for driver updates can not start - see screenshot. And i am not able to fix this.
So i used DDU v17.0.5.5 after this succesfully removed the drivers and installed it again but now i have the Windows Update problem im not able to rectivate driver search function etc.

A rollback to the windows safepoint before DDU usage doesnt show any effect. :(
error_after_ddu_1.png
error_after_ddu_2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU Killed Windows Update Service

Post by Wagnard »

BestNoob wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:43 am Hello. I used DDU some times before but now i had hughe problems. I have a Nvidia GTX 960 OC and running Windows 7 64 Bit.
First i tried to remove my NVIDIA Drivers with V17.0.6.0 but it hangs up at registry cleanup in Safemode, than succesfully removed it with V17.0.6.1

After a fresh installation of the latest NVIDIA Drivers Experience got broken and this two messages poping up

An error accours, please try to restart your system.
Share function can not be started

Additionally the Windows search for driver updates can not start - see screenshot. And i am not able to fix this.
So i used DDU v17.0.5.5 after this succesfully removed the drivers and installed it again but now i have the Windows Update problem im not able to rectivate driver search function etc.

A rollback to the windows safepoint before DDU usage doesnt show any effect. :(

error_after_ddu_1.png
error_after_ddu_2.png
Hi,
If you restore your system to a restore point made before running DDU and it doesn't fix your issue, it means the issue was present before using DDU as the restore point restore you files and registry to the state it was at the moment it was created.
The only thing that can't be restore is the boot configuration, but this has nothing to do with your issue.