Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.6.3 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

ChangeLog:

-Fixed a DDU error reported by some users.
-Additional NVIDIA cleanup

SHA1: 9B6ABA177ECF7274847D72620363930F487753A6

Recommended usage:
-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
-Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
-It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.

Note: If you have issues for downloading the file, it could be one of your extension interfering with our hotlink protection.

Official Download Here
If you wish to help DDU, you can make a Donation.

Here is an interesting application from 1 of my partner. It is a useful tool that may help you update outdated drivers.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ver Greeneyes

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.6.3 Released.

Post by Ver Greeneyes »

Can't reproduce the error with this version. Cheers for the quick fix! Sent a few bucks your way.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Ver Greeneyes wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:32 am Can't reproduce the error with this version. Cheers for the quick fix! Sent a few bucks your way.
Thanks for the beer and the confirmation it works ;)
Jacob Klein

Post by Jacob Klein »

DDU appears to be killing MSI Afterburner entirely, whenever DDU is started.

That seems very very wrong. If anything, if it needs to kill MSI Afterburner on cleanup, it should only kill it on cleanup, and it should inform the user before doing so.

Can we make it so it doesn't kill it when just *starting* DDU ??
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Jacob Klein wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:41 pm DDU appears to be killing MSI Afterburner entirely, whenever DDU is started.

That seems very very wrong. If anything, if it needs to kill MSI Afterburner on cleanup, it should only kill it on cleanup, and it should inform the user before doing so.

Can we make it so it doesn't kill it when just *starting* DDU ??
It only kill the process. And it is necessary to start as recently it prevented DDU to even start.
Anyway it doesn't broke it and launching DDU with Msi afterburner open is not logic either.
I really don't understand the reaction BTW, you are about to remove the driver with DDU, so there is no reason to have Msi afterburner running. + if you are following DDU guidelines, you will go into safe mode, for cleaning and there, I'm not even sure if Msi afterburner will even run.

I'll still try to add a message about the Msi afterburner killing just to satisfy you.
Jacob Klein

Post by Jacob Klein »

I updated your program, and wanted to make sure it could open successfully without error, so I opened it to check.
I did not expect it to kill other programs.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Jacob Klein wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 am I updated your program, and wanted to make sure it could open successfully without error, so I opened it to check.
OK, I understand, I'll add like I said a message that will tell that X programs was detected and need to be close before running DDU.
jakesno

Post by jakesno »

reboot should be automatic then .. download the newest driver for your gpu directly from here

I downloaded and ran DDU. I didn't uncheck anything from the options tab after opening and looking at the options. I did click on the big box at the top I assume ran the program and I rebooted into safe mode. I did not see any options to reinstall the drivers from "here" or anything referring to a custom install.

I'm sure your directions are simple and you're a brilliant guy. Thousands have ran your program successfully. Would it be possible for you to add screenshots to your directions? As of now, my Nvidia control panel wont open and the issue I was hoping to fix either is unresolved or if it is fixed, I'm running blind because I can't access Nvidia Control panel to change the resolution and refresh rate. Please advise.

Again your program is awesome and it's definitely user error. Sorry for the hand holding but here we are.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

jakesno wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:46 pm
reboot should be automatic then .. download the newest driver for your gpu directly from here

I downloaded and ran DDU. I didn't uncheck anything from the options tab after opening and looking at the options. I did click on the big box at the top I assume ran the program and I rebooted into safe mode. I did not see any options to reinstall the drivers from "here" or anything referring to a custom install.

I'm sure your directions are simple and you're a brilliant guy. Thousands have ran your program successfully. Would it be possible for you to add screenshots to your directions? As of now, my Nvidia control panel wont open and the issue I was hoping to fix either is unresolved or if it is fixed, I'm running blind because I can't access Nvidia Control panel to change the resolution and refresh rate. Please advise.

Again your program is awesome and it's definitely user error. Sorry for the hand holding but here we are.
Hi,
You seem to have done correctly.
Can you email me the DDU logs at [email protected] so I can check if I see a reason for your control panel not opening.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Wagnard wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:45 am
Jacob Klein wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 am I updated your program, and wanted to make sure it could open successfully without error, so I opened it to check.
OK, I understand, I'll add like I said a message that will tell that X programs was detected and need to be close before running DDU.
Sadly I will have to cancel what I said, not because I want to but due to technical issue.
I cannot make a box appear to warn because MSI afterburner is running, it really have to kill it or when DDU will show anything, it will crash DDU.
Hope you understand.

Btw, the issue has been corrected in the latest RTSS. 7.0.0 http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rts ... nload.html