Please advise a newb who has stumbled into instability

rureadingme

Re: Please advise a newb who has stumbled into instability

Post by rureadingme »

Wagnard wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 9:59 am
rureadingme wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 5:26 am
Nice to see you made progress.
For your device, from the same place you took the Screenshot, go to details and tell me the 'hardware device id'
As requested: :D

ACPI\ASD0001\2&DABA3FF&3
Is your system still able to run correctly without this device?
it seems to be the Amdas4 device . Is it really useful?
Maybe its not compatible with win10 creator update.
Since the clean install of the correct APU the system has worked more smoothly. However this device failed during the recent period post in-place update of Win 10, and after the APU had been incorrectly installed. As for it being useful, I have no idea what the darn thing is I am just not that knowledgeable. It has something to do with AMD and even though my Radeon Settings has returned since the clean install not all display functions ares showing as supported specifically Radeon FreeSync is showing not supported as is Virtual Super Resolution. To be honest though I don't know if they were showing supported before when I was on the 16.60 apu. It could be a coincidence or a direct correlation I do not know.

I do know that yes video works better, but still my favorite video apps will stutter, freeze and crash, just not as frequently. That's my personal measurement.

One thing that supports the hypothesis that it is no longer needed is that since the clean install of 17.4.3 the system stopped throwing errors connected to the device. It logged over 3000 errors during the week of hell. I'm still waiting to hear from AMD so if it isn't needed anymore I am sure they will tell me when they reply. Hopefully it is something I don't need, but if it is something keeping my graphics from working 100% and I am limping at all, I want to fix it obviously.

Re: Please advise a newb who has stumbled into instability

Sponsor

Sponsor