Some issues with Clean Install to GeForce 382.33

SergeTroy

Post by SergeTroy »

Hey all, I've been having some issues with cleanly updating to the newest driver for my graphics card, and thought I'd run it by those with more know how than myself. I'll include my full system specs down below or in my signature. Firstly, the issues, secondly the steps I follow for a clean install (which includes an oddity left behind by DDU), and lastly the sys specs.

# 1
♦ I've been getting a message that says GeForce Experience has stopped working and needs to close / encountered a problem and recommends closing and opening again to resolve. The only way I found past it was to copy'n'paste my E-mail and Username (signing in with NVidia Account) as quickly as possible. So apparently there's some kind of invisible timer? Typing speed of ~ 50 WPM was not sufficient.
♦ Once I'm logged in, I *have* to choose to automatically Optimize All Games to have the option to Optimize any of them. If I don't select that choice, the games that GeForce Experience covers for me are found, but there's a grey-black exclamation point in one corner that says the game cannot be optimized (no reason why). Still, the work around is to simply initially choose to 'Optimize All Games,' and turn it off once logged in.
♦ I cannot make use of the 'Share' feature. It's highlit in green as it has been, but clicking on it within the application gets me the message, "Unable to Open Share." There's a non clickable exclamation point in one corner of the message, and no reason on the why.

# 2 The way I've gone about running a clean installation of the driver(s) is as follows:

I download, extract, and run DDU from the recommended link while within Safe Mode. I've actually run it most recently within first safe mode and then safe mode with networking just in case. Did the regular choice of an uninstall and restart, no apparent errors or issues that pop up. The only oddity I noticed this time around is that the shortcut for GeForce Experience remains on the desktop (or in the desktop folder at least) after the utility runs. This is easily fixed by running CCleaner Pro, but I don't think I've seen that left behind before.
From there, I set up the clean install of the newest driver, downloaded from here, by running as admin from desktop and choosing to install to "C:\Users\[myself]\Downloads\Temp" which I have created in advance. I choose "Custom (Advanced)" and select only the Graphics Driver, GeForce Experience, and PhysX System Software components (deselecting 3D Vision Controller Driver, 3D Vision Driver, and HD Audio Driver); I tick the "Perform a clean installation" box and select 'Next.' Installation proceeds and completes with me restarting. I traditionally delete the 'Temp' folder in downloads (much/all of this per Koroush Ghazi's Guide) and then set up the NVCP before loading up GeForce Experience. But I've also now tried twice just going to 'Experience' before touching NVCP. No differences.

Really not sure of what the issue is, so I'm posting this here and also in the Official Driver Feedback Thread on the GeForce Forums. Currently going back to prior driver (while using current DDU version) as it was working fine for me. System Specs below.

My Current System Specs:
My Systems Hardware

Full System Specs
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; CPU: i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz (3.8 Turbo)); CPU Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+; MOBO: ASUS Maximus V EXTREME Extended ATX Intel Motherboard; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit [CMD16GX3M2A1600C9]; PSU: COOLER MASTER RS-A50-SPHA-D3 Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W Intel ATX 12V V2.3 & SSI EPS 12V V2.92; GPU / Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Card w/ most current driver; Primary Drive (Local Disk (C:)) - SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD); Secondary Drive (Games (E)) - SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal SSD; Tertiary Storage in two Volumes (F & G): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal HDD

Peripheral Stuff (Case, Display, Keyboard & Mouse)
Case: COOLER MASTER COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case; Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with PremierColor; Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse; Keyboard: Corsiar K95 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Cherry MX RGB Red switches

Sponsor

Sponsor

DanielThomas

Re: Some issues with Clean Install to GeForce 382.33

Post by DanielThomas »

Hello all,
This is Daniel. I like digital gaming. I used Razer Deathadder Elite gaming mouse to play my favorite games. It is worlds best gaming mouse. It provides an amazing and unique experience to play games. I must tell you It is an awesome mouse and it's functionality is amazing. You can try this mouse.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

SergeTroy wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 10:57 am Hey all, I've been having some issues with cleanly updating to the newest driver for my graphics card, and thought I'd run it by those with more know how than myself. I'll include my full system specs down below or in my signature. Firstly, the issues, secondly the steps I follow for a clean install (which includes an oddity left behind by DDU), and lastly the sys specs.

# 1
♦ I've been getting a message that says GeForce Experience has stopped working and needs to close / encountered a problem and recommends closing and opening again to resolve. The only way I found past it was to copy'n'paste my E-mail and Username (signing in with NVidia Account) as quickly as possible. So apparently there's some kind of invisible timer? Typing speed of ~ 50 WPM was not sufficient.
♦ Once I'm logged in, I *have* to choose to automatically Optimize All Games to have the option to Optimize any of them. If I don't select that choice, the games that GeForce Experience covers for me are found, but there's a grey-black exclamation point in one corner that says the game cannot be optimized (no reason why). Still, the work around is to simply initially choose to 'Optimize All Games,' and turn it off once logged in.
♦ I cannot make use of the 'Share' feature. It's highlit in green as it has been, but clicking on it within the application gets me the message, "Unable to Open Share." There's a non clickable exclamation point in one corner of the message, and no reason on the why.

# 2 The way I've gone about running a clean installation of the driver(s) is as follows:

I download, extract, and run DDU from the recommended link while within Safe Mode. I've actually run it most recently within first safe mode and then safe mode with networking just in case. Did the regular choice of an uninstall and restart, no apparent errors or issues that pop up. The only oddity I noticed this time around is that the shortcut for GeForce Experience remains on the desktop (or in the desktop folder at least) after the utility runs. This is easily fixed by running CCleaner Pro, but I don't think I've seen that left behind before.
From there, I set up the clean install of the newest driver, downloaded from here, by running as admin from desktop and choosing to install to "C:\Users\[myself]\Downloads\Temp" which I have created in advance. I choose "Custom (Advanced)" and select only the Graphics Driver, GeForce Experience, and PhysX System Software components (deselecting 3D Vision Controller Driver, 3D Vision Driver, and HD Audio Driver); I tick the "Perform a clean installation" box and select 'Next.' Installation proceeds and completes with me restarting. I traditionally delete the 'Temp' folder in downloads (much/all of this per Koroush Ghazi's Guide) and then set up the NVCP before loading up GeForce Experience. But I've also now tried twice just going to 'Experience' before touching NVCP. No differences.

Really not sure of what the issue is, so I'm posting this here and also in the Official Driver Feedback Thread on the GeForce Forums. Currently going back to prior driver (while using current DDU version) as it was working fine for me. System Specs below.

My Current System Specs:
My Systems Hardware

Full System Specs
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; CPU: i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz (3.8 Turbo)); CPU Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+; MOBO: ASUS Maximus V EXTREME Extended ATX Intel Motherboard; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit [CMD16GX3M2A1600C9]; PSU: COOLER MASTER RS-A50-SPHA-D3 Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W Intel ATX 12V V2.3 & SSI EPS 12V V2.92; GPU / Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Card w/ most current driver; Primary Drive (Local Disk (C:)) - SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD); Secondary Drive (Games (E)) - SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal SSD; Tertiary Storage in two Volumes (F & G): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal HDD

Peripheral Stuff (Case, Display, Keyboard & Mouse)
Case: COOLER MASTER COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case; Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with PremierColor; Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse; Keyboard: Corsiar K95 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Cherry MX RGB Red switches
Hi, the desktop icon have been fixed with 17.0.6.6
For the rest of your issues, I know NVIDIA had trouble with the Geforce Expericence server a few days ago that affected the 'Share' becoming unavailable.
Not sure if your issue were because of this or not.
If you still have the logs of your DDU run, can you please send me at : [email protected]
SergeTroy

Post by SergeTroy »

Hi Wagnard, and thank's for the reply, sorry my own response has taken so long. I'm actually going to try the updating again tonight and will e-mail you should I have any issues with it again on this PC (making use of the 17.0.6.6 version).