Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.6.6 Released.

elstaci

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.6.6 Released.

Post by elstaci »

Hi,
I believe you software is essential in being able to install new Display drivers without any conflicts from previous older drivers.

I do have a suggestion. The box that says to "turn Windows Update for Drivers" should have a little box indicating the current status of Windows Update. From the AMD Forums, It was suggested to me that whatever state the Windows Update for driver was, by clicking on the box, it would reverse the state. From ON to OFF or vice versa. By indicating the status of Windows Update concerning installing drivers would be a big help. At least if you want to turn Off Windows Update for Drivers, you can , knowing that by clicking on the Box it would turn it off and show the current status after clicking on the Windows Update For Driver's box.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

elstaci wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:36 pm Hi,
I believe you software is essential in being able to install new Display drivers without any conflicts from previous older drivers.

I do have a suggestion. The box that says to "turn Windows Update for Drivers" should have a little box indicating the current status of Windows Update. From the AMD Forums, It was suggested to me that whatever state the Windows Update for driver was, by clicking on the box, it would reverse the state. From ON to OFF or vice versa. By indicating the status of Windows Update concerning installing drivers would be a big help. At least if you want to turn Off Windows Update for Drivers, you can , knowing that by clicking on the Box it would turn it off and show the current status after clicking on the Windows Update For Driver's box.
When you use DDU, it will disable device manager from checking windows update automatically when you click a clean button.
By clicking the button (Set Windows device Installation setting to default ),It will set back windows update to its default setting. It wont switch On-OFF-ON if you click multiple time on it. There is even a message that will tell you it is already at default.
DAOWAce

Post by DAOWAce »

DDU doesn't seem to be launching anymore?

Last used it with version 15.xx

Updated to this one and.. when I launch it Windows pops up with "program not installed correctly" and nothing happens.

Does this tool not work on Windows 7 anymore?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

DAOWAce wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:51 pm DDU doesn't seem to be launching anymore?

Last used it with version 15.xx

Updated to this one and.. when I launch it Windows pops up with "program not installed correctly" and nothing happens.

Does this tool not work on Windows 7 anymore?
Be sure you have at least .net framework 3.0
DAOWAce

Post by DAOWAce »

Wagnard wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:00 pm Be sure you have at least .net framework 3.0
Did you mean 4.0? 'cause Windows 7 comes with 3.5.1.

I just did an in-place 'upgrade' (downgrade) of Windows, so it kinda whacked everything, apparently removed .net framework and numerous updates.

In the process of updating everything, so I'll check back later after everything's finished to see if I can run it after.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

DAOWAce wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:51 pm
Wagnard wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:00 pm Be sure you have at least .net framework 3.0
Did you mean 4.0? 'cause Windows 7 comes with 3.5.1.

I just did an in-place 'upgrade' (downgrade) of Windows, so it kinda whacked everything, apparently removed .net framework and numerous updates.

In the process of updating everything, so I'll check back later after everything's finished to see if I can run it after.
3.0+ as you said, it should work out of the box for windows 7.
Can you take a Screenshot of the error you get?
DAOWAce

Post by DAOWAce »

DAOWAce wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:51 pm I just did an in-place 'upgrade' (downgrade) of Windows, so it kinda whacked everything, apparently removed .net framework and numerous updates.
Turns out this is what it was.

.net was "removed", but still installed, yet not.. Had to do a repair install on 4.7 and it fixed everything.

I still get the windows notice shortly after running the .exe though: http://i.imgur.com/Mj0eHiU.png