Used DDU to fix drivers, now every time i try to use nvidia graphics card, i don't have permission to use it. Help

whatcorey

Used DDU to fix drivers, now every time i try to use nvidia graphics card, i don't have permission to use it. Help

Post by whatcorey »

I just reinstalled my nvidia drivers, and i've noticed now when trying to run games on my dedicated gpu, it does not run on it, it runs on integrated. Even though i have "high performance nvidia" card selected, it still uses integrated. Now whenever i want to play a game by selecting use high performance card, it says "You do not have the privilege to select the graphics processor in this menu." I've tried updating my drivers and uninstalling them from device manager. Can anyone help me fix this?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Used DDU to fix drivers, now every time i try to use nvidia graphics card, i don't have permission to use it. Help

Post by Wagnard »

whatcorey wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:37 pm I just reinstalled my nvidia drivers, and i've noticed now when trying to run games on my dedicated gpu, it does not run on it, it runs on integrated. Even though i have "high performance nvidia" card selected, it still uses integrated. Now whenever i want to play a game by selecting use high performance card, it says "You do not have the privilege to select the graphics processor in this menu." I've tried updating my drivers and uninstalling them from device manager. Can anyone help me fix this?
You have an Optimus lap, I never really played around with theses laptop. I think you should check the geforce forum directly for more specific help.