WARNING Do NOT use this trash software!

Emtae

Post by Emtae »

Download this POS software, installed it and ran it. It RECOMMENDS to be run in safe mode, which I choose. It then automatically creates a restore point and then reboots. Computer boots up, I watch the bios post and then when it is supposed to load windows, nothing happens, it just hangs. Tried everything possible to get control of my PC back but no go. I tried the stupid suggestion in the FAQs section on this board but was never possible to get to a command prompt.

I could not boot from Windows 10 DVD, it results in hanging at the same point as trying to boot up normally.
I could not boot from the Rescue USB, same crap, it hangs at the same point.
So, I am stuck at windows trying to load in safe mode with no way of recovery. I went on another PC and did some searching, tried many, MANY, MANY things to get this resolved but all ended in failure.

After spending over 4hrs trying to fix this, nothing worked. I call Microsoft and talk to tech support to try and get my PC fixed. Well, after being on the phone for over 2hrs, even Microsoft CANT FIX THIS ISSUE, they say its caused directly from this shitty program, period!! I lost 500Gbs of data that will never be able to be replaced, I have some backups but I still lost 500Gbs cause of this crappy software.

I had to wipe my SSD and start over with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and am now back on this PC, minus lost data.

Conclusion: After a combined time of over 10hrs of work/aggravation and lost data, save yourself the agony I experienced and DO NOT install/use/recommend this piece of shit software, period!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: WARNING Do NOT use this trash software!

Post by Wagnard »

Emtae wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:04 am Download this POS software, installed it and ran it. It RECOMMENDS to be run in safe mode, which I choose. It then automatically creates a restore point and then reboots. Computer boots up, I watch the bios post and then when it is supposed to load windows, nothing happens, it just hangs. Tried everything possible to get control of my PC back but no go. I tried the stupid suggestion in the FAQs section on this board but was never possible to get to a command prompt.

I could not boot from Windows 10 DVD, it results in hanging at the same point as trying to boot up normally.
I could not boot from the Rescue USB, same crap, it hangs at the same point.
So, I am stuck at windows trying to load in safe mode with no way of recovery. I went on another PC and did some searching, tried many, MANY, MANY things to get this resolved but all ended in failure.

After spending over 4hrs trying to fix this, nothing worked. I call Microsoft and talk to tech support to try and get my PC fixed. Well, after being on the phone for over 2hrs, even Microsoft CANT FIX THIS ISSUE, they say its caused directly from this shitty program, period!! I lost 500Gbs of data that will never be able to be replaced, I have some backups but I still lost 500Gbs cause of this crappy software.

I had to wipe my SSD and start over with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and am now back on this PC, minus lost data.

Conclusion: After a combined time of over 10hrs of work/aggravation and lost data, save yourself the agony I experienced and DO NOT install/use/recommend this piece of shit software, period!!
Sorry if my post feel rude but,
Wow , you never had a ring in your brain to contact me directly instead of Microsoft ?
Why did you wasted 10 hours and contacted Microsoft ??? I cant understand this. I offer free support for my application when needed and I do it fast usually.

And also if you can't boot from a Windows 10 DVD than it means you cant reinstall Windows (i'm also curious on how you wiped the SSD since you could'nt boot from anything from what you said...). It also mean, DDU is not responsible of your problem(DDU doesn't prevent boot disk to boot)and that this post feel quite false.

For your information, the only thing DDU does when trying to boot into safe mode, is this command:
bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal

It doesn't remove anything yet, just telling the BCD that we will be booting in safe mode.
And this doesn't prevent or hangup a computer when booting.
For your 500gb of data lost, you could simply have plug the SSD in another computer, and copy the data...

Anyway, I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered (DDU or not caused) and I would have gladly helped you to fix it.
Emtae

Post by Emtae »

Wow , you never had a ring in your brain to contact me directly instead of Microsoft ?
Why did you wasted 10 hours and contacted Microsoft ??? I cant understand this. I offer free support for my application when needed and I do it fast usually.
I spent 10hrs trying to do your suggestion in the FAQs section but no matter what I tried I was unable to get to a command prompt, which I already explained. So, why would I try to contact you for support? You already gave the support in the FAQs, which you have already linked to MANY people with this problem. You would have just directed me to that anyway, right? And if you write a bugged program, with the only response to solving this issue is to change video ports(implying it is a display problem) or /bcdedit, which did not solve the problem for me or others, why waste my time?
And also if you cant boot from a Windows 10 DVD than it means you cant reinstall Windows (i'm also curious on how you wiped the SSD since you could'nt boot from anything from what you said...). It also mean, DDU is not responsible of your problem(DDU doesn't prevent boot disk to boot)and that this post feel quite false.
I understand your NEED to defend your program but maybe your lack of knowledge is the very reason your program is bugged. Rest assured that DDU WAS ABSOLUTELY responsible for this problem. I never said I could not boot from a Win10pro DVD, I did say that trying to boot with the Win10pro DVD and trying to get to recovery with command prompt resulted in the PC hanging, which it did. And also the same hang when I tried with a USB UEFI Rescue flash drive. To wipe my SSD and reinstall Windows I had to enter bios and set boot to DVD with the SSD disabled. I then booted to the Win10pro DVD and choose the SSD to intall to, which wiped the SSD and installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation. At the point in the installation when the PC reboots I entered bios again and set boot to SSD first, then DVD and continued the install. There, you learned something new today and I didn't even charge you.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Emtae wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:29 pm
I spent 10hrs trying to do your suggestion in the FAQs section but no matter what I tried I was unable to get to a command prompt, which I already explained. So, why would I try to contact you for support? You already gave the support in the FAQs, which you have already linked to MANY people with this problem. You would have just directed me to that anyway, right? And if you write a bugged program, with the only response to solving this issue is to change video ports(implying it is a display problem) or /bcdedit, which did not solve the problem for me or others, why waste my time?
And also if you cant boot from a Windows 10 DVD than it means you cant reinstall Windows (i'm also curious on how you wiped the SSD since you could'nt boot from anything from what you said...). It also mean, DDU is not responsible of your problem(DDU doesn't prevent boot disk to boot)and that this post feel quite false.
I understand your NEED to defend your program but maybe your lack of knowledge is the very reason your program is bugged. Rest assured that DDU WAS ABSOLUTELY responsible for this problem. I never said I could not boot from a Win10pro DVD, I did say that trying to boot with the Win10pro DVD and trying to get to recovery with command prompt resulted in the PC hanging, which it did. And also the same hang when I tried with a USB UEFI Rescue flash drive. To wipe my SSD and reinstall Windows I had to enter bios and set boot to DVD with the SSD disabled. I then booted to the Win10pro DVD and choose the SSD to intall to, which wiped the SSD and installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation. At the point in the installation when the PC reboots I entered bios again and set boot to SSD first, then DVD and continued the install. There, you learned something new today and I didn't even charge you.
Look like you missed something. Only the BCD was changed with "bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal" and if you are having a black screen to go into safe mode that way, you would have one by going manually yourself.
Technically the bug is either on Microsoft side or the UEFI integration of your motherboard but triggered by DDU.

To answer your other question, I would have recommended that you change the CSM option in your bios. It is known to fix the black screen issues when going to safe mode for some computers.

Also please note that there is NO WAY that DDU could prevent you from getting to recovery with command prompt (You did not write this in your first post btw, only booting from the Win DVD re-read yourself). If your computer freeze, than you have another problem lurking around. BTW disabling your SSD in the bios to make boot your DVD just show me you lack some knowledge with computer.(Existence of the Boot menu, Usually F11 or ESC depending of your motherboard model) (Free of charge)

I do support via email, trying different solution with the users, not only sending them to the FAQ. The FAQ is the first thing to try, then we do other things.

Anyway, currently making a change to my app to not enable the option to go to Safe Mode by default because there is too much casual users having issues with their safe mode and it will be better for them to manually go into safe mode and see that the black screen can be caused without DDU.

The advantage here is that the BCD is not changed so on next boot, it will go back to normal.

Anyway, still sorry for the trouble you had be it my fault or any other circumstance.

Also please take note that DDU is free and OpenSource and I made it for myself in the beginning. I'm not forcing anyone to use it.
Emtae

Post by Emtae »

To answer your other question, I would have recommended that you change the CSM option in your bios. It is known to fix the black screen issues when going to safe mode for some computers.
I did that and also disabled secure boot. I tried all these things and MANY others, which again I have already explained in my first post and all efforts failed.
Also please note that there is NO WAY that DDU could prevent you from getting to recovery with command prompt. If your computer freeze, than you have another problem lurking around. BTW disabling your SSD in the bios to make boot your DVD just show me you lack some knowledge with computer.(Existence of the Boot menu)
Obviously there MUST be a way that DDU prevents the command prompt if many others, including myself, experienced this issue. Again, the PC did NOT freeze, it was hung. I say hung cause the HDD LED was still flashing, indicating the system was still "active", while Frozen would imply that everything was stopped, two very different situations. Existence of boot menu? With the SSD enabled in the boot sequence resulted in the PC hanging. When the SSD was NOT in boot sequence the DVD loaded and I was able to load the DVD without hanging. You not understanding bios settings just shows me you lack some knowledge with computers.
Anyway, currently making a change to my app to not enable the option to go to Safe Mode by default because there is too much casual users having issue with their safe mode and it will be better for them to manually go into safe mode and see that the black screen can be caused without DDU.

The advantage here is that the BCD is not changed so on next boot, it will go back to normal.
LOL. Well, if there was NO WAY that DDU was responsible why make this change? LOL Thank you for validating that DDU IS responsible. In any case, I did not come here to argue. I just wanted to make sure that others know what COULD happen to them when using DDU. My biggest mistake was to come here and download DDU without looking in the forums. I can say I will not make that mistake again. Make sure you ALWAYS research ANY software BEFORE you attempt to use it. Have a great day.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

You not understanding bios settings just shows me you lack some knowledge with computers.
I know my knowledge and I don't have to debate it here. All I see is that you failed to fix the issue and if you were that good, you would have fixed it without a single data lost. (and under less that 10 hours)
LOL. Well, if there was NO WAY that DDU was responsible why make this change? LOL Thank you for validating that DDU IS responsible. In any case, I did not come here to argue. I just wanted to make sure that others know what COULD happen to them when using DDU. My biggest mistake was to come here and download DDU without looking in the forums. I can say I will not make that mistake again. Make sure you ALWAYS research ANY software BEFORE you attempt to use it. Have a great day.
Well said, DDU is not for the average users.
Time to close this as I think everything as been said and nothing else good will come from it.