Every browser I download DDU with marks it as virus and auto-deletes the download.

IsLNdbOi

Every browser I download DDU with marks it as virus and auto-deletes the download.

Post by IsLNdbOi »

So been trying to download the latest version of DDU today and with IE, Edge and Chrome once the download is complete the browsers say the download contains a virus and auto deletes the download.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Every browser I download DDU with marks it as virus and auto-deletes the download.

Post by Wagnard »

IsLNdbOi wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:45 pm So been trying to download the latest version of DDU today and with IE, Edge and Chrome once the download is complete the browsers say the download contains a virus and auto deletes the download.

Anyone else experiencing this?
This is strange, I'm not having this issue.
Here files also report clean with virustotal.com

What AV are you using?
IsLNdbOi

Re: Every browser I download DDU with marks it as virus and auto-deletes the download.

Post by IsLNdbOi »

That's the thing, I don't have any AV software. The browsers are detecting the "virus" and deleting the download themselves after the download completes.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

IsLNdbOi wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:02 pm That's the thing, I don't have any AV software. The browsers are detecting the "virus" and deleting the download themselves after the download completes.
Not even windows defender?
Give me info about you OS and a Screenshot of the virus message if any from your browser.
IsLNdbOi

Post by IsLNdbOi »

I've attached screen-shots from IE and Chrome. I do have Windows Defender, now that you mention it. I have Windows 10 so I couldn't find it in the Start Menu or Control Panel. Had to search for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

IsLNdbOi wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:15 pm I've attached screen-shots from IE and Chrome. I do have Windows Defender, now that you mention it. I have Windows 10 so I couldn't find it in the Start Menu or Control Panel. Had to search for it.
Thanks, I'll try to repro this when I get home later.
I did send the file to the Windows defender team for whitelisting it (on some systems, it is detected as a potentially unwanted application).
Anyway, I'll wait for them.
vasudev1

Post by vasudev1 »

Use winaero tweaker to disable scanning of downloaded files.