DDU 15.4.0.0r2 Released

Wagnard
Site Admin

DDU 15.4.0.0r2 Released

Post by Wagnard »

Version 15.4.0.0 Released
08/05/2015 Changelog:

-Added to the log a confirmation if the Services are removed or not.
-Extended Log will now automatically import the text from the normal log on form1, if the extended log is empty.
-Fixed bug making the Update label disappear when switching languages.
-Added an option to disable safe mode message box on startup.
-Added argument to disable safe mode message box: -nosafemode
-Log folder is created sooner to avoid potential issues and not logging things.
-Auto resize of the options form based on the right checkboxes
-Added NV Inspector to process kill list.

Options form fixes:
-Added support for \n (newline) in language text files so the text should never be cut off by the form's size if it is properly used.
-Most languages that had issues have been updated to support newline already.
-Moved check boxes further apart so the newline would not overlap
-Commit checkbox10.txt
-Options can now be converted to other Languages

Translations update:
-New language : Arabic (HasheM-HRW)
-Korean (4Li)
-Russian Danis Miryasov
-Serbian (Cyrilic/Latin) CrazY_Milojko
-French (Wagnard)
-Chinese (Simplified/Traditional) (Credits : kongfl888)

SHA1: B31A39A9F76DD550B40D9BB75621C78A2120CAC1

**Updated to fix some translation that wasn't applying. No other functionality changes.***
and updated theses.
-Spanish (Jackalito)
-Korean (Zames Dean)

Official Download Here

Mirrors:
Guru3D official Mirror

Download Display Driver Uninstaller via INSTALKI.pl

DDU 15.4.0.0r2 Released

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jackalito

Re: DDU 15.4.0.0 Released

Post by Jackalito »

Thank you so much, Wagnard :D

I'm already working on an updated Spanish tranlation for this one 8-)
In space no one can hear you scream.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Jackalito wrote:Thank you so much, Wagnard :D

Thanks, It's already included in r2. :mrgreen:
Jackalito

Post by Jackalito »

Wagnard wrote:
Jackalito wrote:Thank you so much, Wagnard :D

Thanks, It's already included in r2. :mrgreen:
Nice ;)
In space no one can hear you scream.
MaddMutt

Re: DDU 15.4.0.0r2 Released

Post by MaddMutt »

I believe that you might have already addressed this problem already but if not : here is a bug that I have found.

This is a repeatable .exe problem when you tell DDU to restart your computer in safe mode from Windows desktop. When you interrupt the DDU reboot process into Windows safe mode after it has restarted your computer, it corrupts your normal Windows boot process. I found this out by going into my BIOS to Overclock after DDU had reboot my computer for Windows safe mode. When I rebooted my computer after making changes in the BIOS, I was given the basic _ . I used my Windows 7 install disk and selected repair my computer to fix the problem. I'm not sure how to code DDU to still boot to safe mode if you do what I did.
I Know :lol: I Know :lol: Don't interrupt DDU's rebooting process again.... Now the Problem is FIXED >>>ROFL :)

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading This Post
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

MaddMutt wrote:I believe that you might have already addressed this problem already but if not : here is a bug that I have found.

This is a repeatable .exe problem when you tell DDU to restart your computer in safe mode from Windows desktop. When you interrupt the DDU reboot process into Windows safe mode after it has restarted your computer, it corrupts your normal Windows boot process. I found this out by going into my BIOS to Overclock after DDU had reboot my computer for Windows safe mode. When I rebooted my computer after making changes in the BIOS, I was given the basic _ . I used my Windows 7 install disk and selected repair my computer to fix the problem. I'm not sure how to code DDU to still boot to safe mode if you do what I did.
I Know :lol: I Know :lol: Don't interrupt DDU's rebooting process again.... Now the Problem is FIXED >>>ROFL :)

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading This Post
I'll try to repro this.

Edit: I was not able to repro this. I have clicked reboot in safemode, then I had entered into my bios and I saved and quit. Windows booted in safemode without a problem like it should.
I did the same thing when I rebooted from safemode back to normal mode and there were no problems, windows was back to normal mode.
darkbreeze

Post by darkbreeze »

Hey guys. Darkbreeze from the Tom's Hardware moderation team here with a couple of questions.

One, I'm wondering why the Guru3D official link doesn't reflect the r2 release yet or if it's not yet a stable release?

Two, I recommend the DDU often and religiously, and I know on previous iterations it blocked the automatic updating of graphics drivers in Windows, but with the new method of mandatory updates in Windows 10 I'm wondering has it been verified that this "feature" of the utility is still capable of doing so, or is that no longer the case?

Thanks.

Darkbreeze-
Tom's Hardware Moderation Team
http://www.tomshardware.com/community/profile
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

darkbreeze wrote:Hey guys. Darkbreeze from the Tom's Hardware moderation team here with a couple of questions.

One, I'm wondering why the Guru3D official link doesn't reflect the r2 release yet or if it's not yet a stable release?

Two, I recommend the DDU often and religiously, and I know on previous iterations it blocked the automatic updating of graphics drivers in Windows, but with the new method of mandatory updates in Windows 10 I'm wondering has it been verified that this "feature" of the utility is still capable of doing so, or is that no longer the case?

Thanks.

Darkbreeze-
Tom's Hardware Moderation Team
http://www.tomshardware.com/community/profile
Hi Darkbreeze,

I was about to give another mail to Hilbert at Guru3D. I guess he missed my update as usually he update quite fast.
R2 is the current stable version. 15.4.0.0 had a little bug and I decided to fast-fix it without actually bumbing up the revision number. More like a re-release version. I guess I should probably up it next time...

For windows 10, it work the same way as older windows version.
Some user may be confuse on how this work. What DDU block, it's when windows detect a new hardware, it wont search Windows Update server for the driver. But If you manually do a Windows update (or if it automatically kick in) it will always update/install the driver (if a newer version is found). Only way to block this without removing the internet connection or turning off windows update, is to use the Microsoft tool. But I heard it work so-so...

So to try to put it simple, DDU block "Windows driver installer" from searching a Driver on Windows Update, But it doesn't block a windows update "check for updates" to update a driver.
It as always be this way before as far as I know. Maybe Windows 10 search more often on Windows update for updates.

But I'm still trying to figure something out more robust to really block on all cases, driver installation from windows update.
Piterof

Post by Piterof »

Hi, I have a problem after DDU has changed a setting that prevents drivers to be downloaded automatically with Windows Update. You can set this back to default, if you want AFTER your new driver installation.

That screen

http://rghost.ru/8lYhJSrB6.view

Thanks for the help
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Piterof wrote:Hi, I have a problem after DDU has changed a setting that prevents drivers to be downloaded automatically with Windows Update. You can set this back to default, if you want AFTER your new driver installation.

That screen

http://rghost.ru/8lYhJSrB6.view

Thanks for the help
Can you give some system specs? OS version etc.. Or the DDU log should do too.

Did you try the button #4 that state to set back to default?

It is also possible that you have a Group policy settings that prevent the change of this settings. I never personally have a problem or report form a user telling this settings is grayed out.