Does Does DDU put Windows 10 in permanent Selective Startup?

Mele

Post by Mele »

Fresh install, checked MSconfig=Normal Startup, Used DDU in safemode to Uninstal Windows Update Nvidia drivers, DDU says it made a change to not allow Windows Update to install drivers, Rebooted and installed new Nvidia Drivers, Rebooted and checked MSconfig=Selective Startup.

Attempting to select Normal Startup, Apply is greyed out. Tried doing it Safemode and same result. So I am not sure what is going on?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Does Does DDU put Windows 10 in permanent Selective Startup?

Post by Wagnard »

Mele wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:10 pm Fresh install, checked MSconfig=Normal Startup, Used DDU in safemode to Uninstal Windows Update Nvidia drivers, DDU says it made a change to not allow Windows Update to install drivers, Rebooted and installed new Nvidia Drivers, Rebooted and checked MSconfig=Selective Startup.

Attempting to select Normal Startup, Apply is greyed out. Tried doing it Safemode and same result. So I am not sure what is going on?
Hello and welcome.
For the message about the change that DDU did, you can select the button below the image of the GPU in DDU that tell to "Set Windows Device Installation settings to Default"; it will revert that change.

On my system, I can select Normal startup and the apply is available. Cannot really explain your situation. Reboot and try again. (be sure to be in normal mode when doing so)