Additional log entry which might be the cause of driver crashes

RKMN

Post by RKMN »

I see an extra "GPU #Configuration - Detected:" below whatever drivers im running. It follows the dotted line after one set of drivers and theres a dotted line after that. Almost like there's some sort of hidden driver installed. I don't see anyone else who has this line in their log. I've done a full hard drive wipe and reinstall of windows and I still see it. Im getting constant event I'd 13 and event I'd 14 nvlddmkm errors and my system freezes to a near halt with occasional bsod, when I install drivers for my gtx 760, after a mobo, CPU and RAM upgrade. Done all sorts of checks and tests I can think of to verify that none of my hardware is faulty. Everything passes, but then the errors still pop up and system starts crawling. What could that additional gpu that's being detected by DDU, be?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Additional log entry which might be the cause of driver crashes

Post by Wagnard »

RKMN wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:27 am I see an extra "GPU #Configuration - Detected:" below whatever drivers im running. It follows the dotted line after one set of drivers and theres a dotted line after that. Almost like there's some sort of hidden driver installed. I don't see anyone else who has this line in their log. I've done a full hard drive wipe and reinstall of windows and I still see it. Im getting constant event I'd 13 and event I'd 14 nvlddmkm errors and my system freezes to a near halt with occasional bsod, when I install drivers for my gtx 760, after a mobo, CPU and RAM upgrade. Done all sorts of checks and tests I can think of to verify that none of my hardware is faulty. Everything passes, but then the errors still pop up and system starts crawling. What could that additional gpu that's being detected by DDU, be?
At first look, I think it's a DDU bug in the log . I will investigate.
RKMN

Post by RKMN »

Ok. Incase it helps, my setup is:

MSI z370 krait
Gtx 760
Corsair vengeance LPX 16GB ddr4 3000mhz(single dimm)
Seagate barracuda 2 TB, WD blue 1TB and a Hitachi 320GB
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

I confirm that the : "GPU #Configuration - Detected:" in the DDU logs is a DDU bug and is fixed for the next version.
RKMN

Post by RKMN »

Ok, thank you for the confirmation. I have isolated my issue to be hardware and not software(possibly bad pcie slot).