Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.6.8 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Requirement:

-Windows 7 up to Windows 11
-NVIDIA, AMD, Intel GPUs
-Also support basic Realtek audio driver cleanup.
-Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 or higher

Changelog:

-Enhanced the registry cleanup process for better performance.
-Conducted code cleanup to optimize the registry-related operations.
-Specifically addressed the removal of 'nvrtxaudcapxxv' files, improving the overall cleanup process.
-Nvidia: Added the removal of the "OptixCache" folder.
-Monitors: Now automatically remove monitor configurations upon removal.
-All: "UnitedVideo" cleanup enhancements in the registry.
-Translation update: German.xml

Known issues:
-

SHA1: E569B43EFE159119506940A172EA7C4703C2A187
SHA-256: B654DDA94A9066848E0E0ECCE1AC4BD75BD9C8E313291ACC32D51ECFF8F65988

*** Download DDU "Portable / self-extracting" ***

SHA1: 1ED7A74327B768FB20E3A92362DB3DD6C2BF1EBB
SHA-256: CDB25BA1815D535EE48C231E848706E6D8158BC0F1B3252DD67A62B6840B2201

*** Download DDU "Installer" ***

Big thanks to the following Patron and also those who aren't listed!
-honnmaguro (Since 2018-03-16)
-ZaoDaDong (Since 2019-02-06)
-Alberto Bursi (long time donator/supporter)
-Kaseb (Since 2019-09-05)
-Frank Brown (Since 2019-10-31)
-James Tiller (Since 2021-04-03)
-Paulo Henrique (Since 2021-04-19)
-Graeme Small
-SMiThaYe
-Chris Ross
-Fabio
-Matti Metsikko
-mikalonia - mika
-ChaosDMNS-

For a guide , check : https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

Recommended usage:

-You MUST disconnect your internet or completely block Windows Update when running DDU until you have re-installed your new drivers.
-DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling / installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
-DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.
-DDU will not work on network drive. Please install in a local drive (C:, D: or else).
-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
-If you are using DDU in normal mode, Clean, reboot, clean again, reboot.
-Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
-It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.
Note: If you have issues for downloading the file, it could be one of your extension interfering with our hotlink protection.

Here is an application from one of my partners that we recommend.
It is a useful tool that may help you update outdated drivers.

If you wish to help DDU, you can make a Donation.
Or
Bitcoin : bc1q5qqjq97c33r46agjareeqjjaf865x6zmtekhzx
Support us over our PATREON page.

Sponsor

Sponsor

EeK

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.6.8 Released.

Post by EeK »

Hi, Wagnard!

First of all, I'd like to thank you for providing this amazing software to all of us, free of charge, for so long.

Next, I have a question regarding the AMD-specific options. I've recently upgraded to a 7800X3D, and this is my first time dealing with any sort of AMD GPU - the chip has integrated graphics, which I've already disabled in the BIOS, since I have a main Nvidia GPU (the one I've been using DDU with for years).

I wanted to get rid of any leftover files from the (now useless) AMD GPU. However, I'd like to keep any and all files associated with my CPU. I've noticed that the AMD folder parents a single folder, dedicated to the chipset drivers.

So, which options should I choose when running DDU, to eliminate all useless AMD GPU/graphics-related files, while keeping the important CPU stuff?

Thanks again!
Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.6.8 Released.

Post by Wagnard »

EeK wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:03 pm Hi, Wagnard!

First of all, I'd like to thank you for providing this amazing software to all of us, free of charge, for so long.

Next, I have a question regarding the AMD-specific options. I've recently upgraded to a 7800X3D, and this is my first time dealing with any sort of AMD GPU - the chip has integrated graphics, which I've already disabled in the BIOS, since I have a main Nvidia GPU (the one I've been using DDU with for years).

I wanted to get rid of any leftover files from the (now useless) AMD GPU. However, I'd like to keep any and all files associated with my CPU. I've noticed that the AMD folder parents a single folder, dedicated to the chipset drivers.

So, which options should I choose when running DDU, to eliminate all useless AMD GPU/graphics-related files, while keeping the important CPU stuff?

Thanks again!
Hi, select to clean the AMD GPU and in the DDU options, I would un-tick (under specific options) AMD audio bus, the AMDKMPFD.
As for removing the c:\AMD folder, it should be safe but you could peek inside it to see if there seem to be important things there.
Note that if this CPU has Integrated graphics, it will remove it's driver too.