Re: Clearing standby memory while downloading

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Joically wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:09 am Hey, I have a rather simple question

Just wondering if it's OK to keep automatically clearing the standby memory whenever it fills up, while a big game/update is being installed (on steam for example) or is it preferred to wait until the installation is complete and THEN clear up the memory.
Or even, should I add these launchers like steam and origin to the exclusion list for this purpose?

Answers appreciated! =)
1st do not add the launchers as this would denied the cleaning when you have games running while they run in the backgroud because DDU will njot purge if they detext the process you added in the exclusion list.
As for purging when dowloading /updating, I did not personally encoutered any issues with this. Depending on how some games work it could be slower or faster depending if they used or not the standby list cache.

Sponsor

Sponsor

miaoklo

Post by miaoklo »

Joically wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:09 am Hey, I have a rather simple question

Just wondering if it's OK to keep automatically clearing the standby memory whenever it fills up, while a big game/update is being installed (on steam for example) or is it preferred to wait until the installation is complete and THEN clear up the memory.
Or even, should I add these launchers like steam and origin to the exclusion list for this purpose?

Answers appreciated! =)
First, avoid adding launchers since DDU will not purge if they detext the process you listed to the exclusion list. This will prevent cleaning when games are running in the background.