Which Option of DDU is best for me?

SergeTroy

Post by SergeTroy »

So, it's been a LOOONG while since I used DDU, 3+ years. I don't remember there being an option between "Portable / Self-extracting" and "Installer," so I wanted to ask everyone here what they would recommend. I've been a bit suspicious of things with my own graphics and in the process of troubleshooting things with a few games, I'm planning on using DDU in the process of a clean uninstall / reinstall of my graphics driver (NVidia, 2080 series if it matters). Any recommendations people could make (and info they can offer on the difference) would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor

Sponsor

geyokin

Re: Which Option of DDU is best for me?

Post by geyokin »

Im not sure too much but different people have their own concerns with devices. So, if any device meets your criteria, you should go with that.
TymrJitney

Post by TymrJitney »

DDU stands for Display Driver Uninstaller, a tool that allows you to completely remove graphics drivers from your system. There are two options for downloading DDU: Portable / Self-extracting and Installer.

The Portable / Self-extracting option is a zip file that contains the DDU executable files. You can extract it manually and run the program without installing it. This option is more convenient and flexible, as you can use it on any computer without leaving any traces. However, you need to have a program that can unzip files, such as WinRAR or 7-Zip.

The Installer option is an exe file that will install DDU on your system. This option is more professional and user-friendly, as it will create shortcuts and uninstall options for DDU. However, it will also modify your registry and system files, which may cause some issues or conflicts. You also need to have administrator privileges to install and run DDU.

The choice between the two options depends on your preference and situation. Some users prefer the Portable / Self-extracting option because it is faster and cleaner, while others prefer the Installer option because it is easier and safer. You can try both options and see which one works better for you.

Here are some links where you can download DDU:

• Download DDU: Portable / Self-extracting

• Download DDU: Installer

I hope this helps you to understand the difference between the two options of DDU.
increasingsee

Post by increasingsee »

The DDU executable files are contained in a zip file that can be extracted manually or portable. Without installing, you can manually extract and run the software. Because you may use it on any computer and leave no trace, this solution is more flexible and convenient.
Leokas

Post by Leokas »

If you anticipate needing to use the tool on multiple systems or prefer the convenience of a standalone executable, the portable version might be more beneficial.