Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.2.0 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

ChangeLog:

-Major AMD devices removal enhancements / fixes.
Fixed a cast from String --> String()
Minor fixes for the driverstore for AMD
minor adjustment for the AMD audio bus removal (fix trying to remove 2 times)
Additional AMD Cleanup.
-Verification on DDU launch if there is missing files.
-Transalations updates :
Spanish (Spain).xml
Ukrainian.xml

SHA1: BB2ED1F80DA0063FE6E6DDE5417AC1110969E8D9

Recommended usage:
-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
-Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
-It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.

Important note: Most of these change wouldn't have been possible without the help of a fantastic coder: "devmltk"

Note: If you have issues for downloading the file, it could be one of your extension interfering with our hotlink protection.

Official Download Here
If you wish to help DDU, you can make a Donation.

Here is an interesting application from 1 of my partner. It is a useful tool that may help you update outdated drivers.

Sponsor

Sponsor

platinum4

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.2.0 Released.

Post by platinum4 »

DDU does not work on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 14931. You can double click it or right-click and Open from the context menu but it only briefly does an hourglass, then does not load at all; never shows up in Task Manager.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

platinum4 wrote:DDU does not work on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 14931. You can double click it or right-click and Open from the context menu but it only briefly does an hourglass, then does not load at all; never shows up in Task Manager.
I did not try on the latest Insider preview. I may have to check this later. Thanks for the information.

Edit, Working fine here. I updated a VM to the latest insider preview and it work just fine.
Exostenza

Post by Exostenza »

Is there still a need to enable CSM for Windows 10 AU or has that been fixed by Microsoft yet?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Exostenza wrote:Is there still a need to enable CSM for Windows 10 AU or has that been fixed by Microsoft yet?
I am not sure. I was only able to repro this on a friend computer.
Exostenza

Post by Exostenza »

Wagnard wrote:
Exostenza wrote:Is there still a need to enable CSM for Windows 10 AU or has that been fixed by Microsoft yet?
I want to use DDU again, but I just really don't want to go through the process of taking out my hard drive from my laptop just so I can boot up into a command line and kill the safe mode boot sequence. Such a pain. I might do it just to see what is going on and procrastinate from all this work I have to do, lol.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Exostenza wrote:
Wagnard wrote:
I want to use DDU again, but I just really don't want to go through the process of taking out my hard drive from my laptop just so I can boot up into a command line and kill the safe mode boot sequence. Such a pain. I might do it just to see what is going on and procrastinate from all this work I have to do, lol.
Try to go into safe mode the normal way (not from. DDU).

If you do not know how, you simply have to hold the left "shift" key and then restart the computer while still holding the key.
This should make a blue window appear before the computer actually restart and this won't be a permanent modification to bcdedit.
So even if it fail, a simple computer restart will boot back in normal mode
Exostenza

Post by Exostenza »

Wagnard wrote:
Exostenza wrote:
Wagnard wrote: I am not sure. I was only able to repro this on a friend computer.
Try to go into safe mode the normal way (not from. DDU).

If you do not know how, you simply have to hold the left "shift" key and then restart the computer while still holding the key.
This should make a blue window appear before the computer actually restart and this won't be a permanent modification to bcdedit.
So even if it fail, a simple computer restart will boot back in normal mode
Just tried this and it it did nothing. Didn't get a blue window or any other prompt at any time.