[Resolved!] No signal with old/new drivers after using DDU

cpudolt147

Post by cpudolt147 »

Hi. Normally, I don't start posts asking questions that others have already asked everywhere else, but I am reaching the end of my rope here.

I am running:
Intel Core i5 4460 Processor
Gigabyte Technology Z97X-Gaming 5 Motherboard
8 Gigs of RAM
600 watt power supply

My old video card was the GeForce GTX 750 Ti, it was getting on in years (2 more or less) and I decided to upgrade. I got the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC and was eager to get it up and running. Having heard a recommendation to use the Display Driver Uninstaller to clear out the old driver, I tried it. And that is when crap went South.

Right after I agree to run DDU in safe mode, my computer restarts in Safe Mode. The catch is that my monitor is no longer receiving a signal after I clicked that button. I didn't think anything of it at the time. So I shut off my computer by holding the power button, unplug the machine, get the new video card in, hook the power back up, turn on my computer... only to have my screen flashing no signal in my face. Well, ****. Swapping the old card back in didn't do dick all. Whenever I have any video card plugged into the motherboard, I never get any signal to connect to my monitors. So now I am running off of my processor's capacity, which already crapped out on me once already. I can't get the old drivers software back on without the driver being read. My backups ain't doing dick all for me. Running in Safe Mode does nothing. I don't have an option to switch to PCI-E or anything from startup/BIOS/whatever.

Trying to work with DDU some more does nothing to help my cause. There isn't any undo button, and I don't have any leads on how to fix this problem. Really not looking forward to formatting my computer...again.

If I could get any suggestions to get my old driver up and running, or someone knows a way to get the motherboard to register video cards again, I might be able to work it from there. Until then, my gaming rig is sorely lacking without a damn video card to work with.

Thank you for your time.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: No signal with old/new drivers after using DDU

Post by Wagnard »

cpudolt147 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:22 am Hi. Normally, I don't start posts asking questions that others have already asked everywhere else, but I am reaching the end of my rope here.

I am running:
Intel Core i5 4460 Processor
Gigabyte Technology Z97X-Gaming 5 Motherboard
8 Gigs of RAM
600 watt power supply

My old video card was the GeForce GTX 750 Ti, it was getting on in years (2 more or less) and I decided to upgrade. I got the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC and was eager to get it up and running. Having heard a recommendation to use the Display Driver Uninstaller to clear out the old driver, I tried it. And that is when crap went South.

Right after I agree to run DDU in safe mode, my computer restarts in Safe Mode. The catch is that my monitor is no longer receiving a signal after I clicked that button. I didn't think anything of it at the time. So I shut off my computer by holding the power button, unplug the machine, get the new video card in, hook the power back up, turn on my computer... only to have my screen flashing no signal in my face. Well, ****. Swapping the old card back in didn't do dick all. Whenever I have any video card plugged into the motherboard, I never get any signal to connect to my monitors. So now I am running off of my processor's capacity, which already crapped out on me once already. I can't get the old drivers software back on without the driver being read. My backups ain't doing dick all for me. Running in Safe Mode does nothing. I don't have an option to switch to PCI-E or anything from startup/BIOS/whatever.

Trying to work with DDU some more does nothing to help my cause. There isn't any undo button, and I don't have any leads on how to fix this problem. Really not looking forward to formatting my computer...again.

If I could get any suggestions to get my old driver up and running, or someone knows a way to get the motherboard to register video cards again, I might be able to work it from there. Until then, my gaming rig is sorely lacking without a damn video card to work with.

Thank you for your time.
Hi and welcome,
First is your screen working when the computer post? Are you able to enter bios and see things?
cpudolt147

Post by cpudolt147 »

Thanks for the welcome.

No. I get no signal whatsoever with a video card hooked up. No BIOS, windows startup. Monitor is just idle until I power up without a card installed. Works just "dandy" without a graphics card.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

cpudolt147 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:39 am Thanks for the welcome.

No. I get no signal whatsoever with a video card hooked up. No BIOS, windows startup. Monitor is just idle until I power up without a card installed. Works just "dandy" without a graphics card.
Then it is not related to DDU even if the odd is making DDU look as the primary suspect.

When DDU launch and you select to boot into SafeMode, nothing is cleaned or changed except for a command issued to windows to boot into SafeMode and then reboot.

The command is a BCDEDIT one and this is impossible to affect the display when you turn ON the computer. In fact, nothing done by DDU even after cleaning can affect the display outside Windows. So at any time, you should always be able to see the computer Post / enter the bios and see things.

I would suggest to try another connecter type (if you are HDMI, try DVI and vice versa) also try a different monitor.

In your motherboard bios, be sure that the PCI slot configuration is set to AUTO (M.I.T--->Miscellaneous settings)

In the bios feature section you have some stuff related to VGA there.
-Disable Fast boot
-If you have VGA support or boot mode selection, set it to Auto

In Peripherals
-Initial Display Output : Sets the graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot as the first display. (Default)
-Intel Processor Graphics : Disabled (This will turn off your integrated Intel graphics (if you want to use it, you have to enable it)
On last resort, I recommend a CMOS reset.
cpudolt147

Post by cpudolt147 »

Went and bought DVI-D cable because HDMI wasn't working. Got my new video card hooked up and working. My apologies if I sounded hostile towards the program. Crap happening after I use the program just got me on edge.

Thank you for the assistance.

ps. Anyway you can mark this thread as resolved? A simple fix like an alternative connection cable should be a no brainer to almost everyone. :P
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

cpudolt147 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:00 pm Went and bought DVI-D cable because HDMI wasn't working. Got my new video card hooked up and working. My apologies if I sounded hostile towards the program. Crap happening after I use the program just got me on edge.

Thank you for the assistance.

ps. Anyway you can mark this thread as resolved? A simple fix like an alternative connection cable should be a no brainer to almost everyone. :P
Sure no problem. Also your reaction was normal, there is really no issue. Many would have done the same and DDU was quite a suspect here.