Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.7.4 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Requirement:
-Windows XP up to Windows 10 Creator update 1703 (anything higher is at your own risk)
-NVIDIA, AMD, Intel GPUs
-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or higher

ChangeLog:

-Additional AMD and NVIDIA CleanUP
-Translation updates: Japanese.xml, Ukrainian.xml

Known issues:
If the safe mode dialog is not enabled in the options, when a new DDU version is out, no popup appear.

SHA1: BA41036DC53C34CD8865007B7337217F21533BE0

Recommended usage:
-You should disconnect your internet or block Windows Updates.
-DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling / installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
-DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.
-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
-If you are using DDU in normal mode, Clean, reboot, clean again, reboot.
-Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
-It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.

Note: If you have issues for downloading the file, it could be one of your extension interfering with our hotlink protection.

Official Download Here
If you wish to help DDU, you can make a Donation.

Here is an interesting application from 1 of my partner. It is a useful tool that may help you update outdated drivers.

Sponsor

Sponsor

vasudev1

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.7.4 Released.

Post by vasudev1 »

@Wagnard:
I'm getting a 404 file not found upon downloading, did you pull the release from the server?
I saw a thread where DDU changing bcd to safe mode minimal can cause garbled screen or black screen after POST, I think its a problem on Optimus or Radeon switchable gfx solution (observed on lenovo g50-80 w/ radeon m330). Either way, only way to fix it is through a vBIOS update or BIOS update from OEM. One workaround is to force shutdown the PC and hit the power button again and windows boots to safe mode minimal as DDU set earlier. In addition to that, disabling Hybrid shutdown aka Fast Startup in W8 and above is advised. Type powercfg -h off in elevated cmd prompt (I know you already know this cmd, it might help fellow new users)
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

vasudev1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 pm @Wagnard:
I'm getting a 404 file not found upon downloading, did you pull the release from the server?
I saw a thread where DDU changing bcd to safe mode minimal can cause garbled screen or black screen after POST, I think its a problem on Optimus or Radeon switchable gfx solution (observed on lenovo g50-80 w/ radeon m330). Either way, only way to fix it is through a vBIOS update or BIOS update from OEM. One workaround is to force shutdown the PC and hit the power button again and windows boots to safe mode minimal as DDU set earlier. In addition to that, disabling Hybrid shutdown aka Fast Startup in W8 and above is advised. Type powercfg -h off in elevated cmd prompt (I know you already know this cmd, it might help fellow new users)
File still on server, just tried the link and it work well.
As for your suggestion, I was avare, I changed it because of some users having issues fixing the problem and mostly this thread : https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/view ... ?f=5&t=860
vasudev1

Post by vasudev1 »

Wagnard wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:48 pm
As for your suggestion, I was avare, I changed it because of some users having issues fixing the problem and mostly this thread : https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/view ... ?f=5&t=860
If I click on the link it says File not found. Had to use Download manager to download it. You might have to mirror DDU on Majorgeeks.com or similar.
I'm glad you replied. Even I saw some notes saying "Use DDU only when driver uninstall fails".
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

vasudev1 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:39 am
Wagnard wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:48 pm
If I click on the link it says File not found. Had to use Download manager to download it. You might have to mirror DDU on Majorgeeks.com or similar.
I'm glad you replied. Even I saw some notes saying "Use DDU only when driver uninstall fails".
On what browser did you tried to download?
Also, usually guru3d.com and majorgeek are hosting the DDU files too.
vasudev1

Post by vasudev1 »

I used Firefox. I had to use dTA to download it.
DeMogg

Post by DeMogg »

Hi, great tool btw!
Is there a list of the Commandline Arguments available as I've done a search and not found any? :(
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

DeMogg wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:52 am Hi, great tool btw!
Is there a list of the Commandline Arguments available as I've done a search and not found any? :(
Hi, glad you like it, in fact there is some command line argument but to be honest I havent tested them for a while. So they are *probably* not even working anymore :? . I'll try to fix them when I have time .

Here they are:

-Silent
-Shutdown
-Restart
-NoSafeModeMsg
-CleanNvidia
-CleanAmd
-CleanIntel
DeMogg

Post by DeMogg »

Wagnard wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 am
Hi, glad you like it, in fact there is some command line argument but to be honest I havent tested them for a while. So they are *probably* not even working anymore :? . I'll try to fix them when I have time .

Here they are:

-Silent
-Shutdown
-Restart
-NoSafeModeMsg
-CleanNvidia
-CleanAmd
-CleanIntel
Hi Wagnard,
That's great thank you!
All seems to work except for suppressing the safe mode message.
I'm using "Display Driver Uninstaller.exe" -Silent -NoSafeModeMsg -CleanIntel but the safe mode message still pops up no matter where I put the argument. Get that fixed and it'll be a perfect tool that demands a donation! ;-)
Thanks again.
DM.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

DeMogg wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:54 am
Wagnard wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 am

Here they are:

-Silent
-Shutdown
-Restart
-NoSafeModeMsg
-CleanNvidia
-CleanAmd
-CleanIntel
Hi Wagnard,
That's great thank you!
All seems to work except for suppressing the safe mode message.
I'm using "Display Driver Uninstaller.exe" -Silent -NoSafeModeMsg -CleanIntel but the safe mode message still pops up no matter where I put the argument. Get that fixed and it'll be a perfect tool that demands a donation! ;-)
Thanks again.
DM.
Humm that's weird, -nosafemodemsg work here.
Try this argument alone and tell me if you have the same issue

EDIT: I think I know what you mean, the nosafemodemsg is not for the warning you see. It's for the proposal to go into safemode.
I know this is confusing, the bug more rely on the "-Silent" that should silence this message.

I'll work on this for next version.

Edit 2: Fixed already, expect a release soon.