DDU and safe mode

KILLERDOG

DDU and safe mode

Post by KILLERDOG »

Hi Everyone, mew guy here. Been using DDU for a while now and ive not had a problem until now. Basically I'm using Windows 10 64 bit and my graphics card is a Nvidia MSI 980ti. Now my problem is that when I run DDU ( latest version ) it does not give me a window or option to reboot into safe mode. I have gone into the settings and clicked/highlighted safe mode option but when I run the software it refuses to go into safe mode. All it says is something about I am NOT in safe mode and it would be best if I ran this software in safe mode. Is this a bug. I went back to version '72 and the little safe mode dialogue box pops up and everything runs fine. So after version '72, I can not see the safe mode box. Any ideas. Thankyou....

DDU and safe mode

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU and safe mode

Post by Wagnard »

KILLERDOG wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 pm Hi Everyone, mew guy here. Been using DDU for a while now and ive not had a problem until now. Basically I'm using Windows 10 64 bit and my graphics card is a Nvidia MSI 980ti. Now my problem is that when I run DDU ( latest version ) it does not give me a window or option to reboot into safe mode. I have gone into the settings and clicked/highlighted safe mode option but when I run the software it refuses to go into safe mode. All it says is something about I am NOT in safe mode and it would be best if I ran this software in safe mode. Is this a bug. I went back to version '72 and the little safe mode dialogue box pops up and everything runs fine. So after version '72, I can not see the safe mode box. Any ideas. Thankyou....
It's disabled by default now, you can enable it back like before in the DDU options.
KILLERDOG

Post by KILLERDOG »

Yep, tried that. I pop a little tick in the box and run DDU again, and still NO dialog box asking if I want safe mode. I think its broken. Can you investigate. I cant be the only person having this problem.....
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

KILLERDOG wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 am Yep, tried that. I pop a little tick in the box and run DDU again, and still NO dialog box asking if I want safe mode. I think its broken. Can you investigate. I cant be the only person having this problem.....
Are you using the roaming configuration option?
There is a possible known issue with it that will be fix on next release.
If so, do not use it.
KILLERDOG

Post by KILLERDOG »

Hi, thankyou for your prompt reply. Yes, that was the problem ! I took a tick out of Roaming option and now it all works again. Amazing, thankyou so much. DDU have saved my skin a few times, its a great piece of software for someone like me that wants a complete clean system every time a new driver set comes out....