Safe Mode Error

PharaohsVizier

Safe Mode Error

Post by PharaohsVizier »

I've been trying to run DDU in safe mode and I can't seem to get it to run.

On one hand if I go into safe mode and run the app, I get an error saying "The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform." And trying to launch the safe mode option hoping DDU will boot my computer into safe mode doesn't work either. I'd really love some help with this since my display drivers just refuse to install and I'm completely lost.

Thanks!

Log:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<DisplayDriverUninstaller Version="17.0.7.6">
<LogEntries>
<Error>
<Time>10/22/2017 3:33:05 AM</Time>
<Message>Some part of application startup failed! >> Application_Startup()</Message>
<ExceptionData>
<Win32_Message>The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.</Win32_Message>
<Win32_ErrorName>Unknown error (0x88C1)</Win32_ErrorName>
<Win32_ErrorCode>193 (0xC1)</Win32_ErrorCode>
<TargetSite>StartWithCreateProcess</TargetSite>
<Source>System</Source>
<StackTrace> at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.Application.LaunchAsSystem() in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\Application.xaml.vb:line 677 at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.Application.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\Application.xaml.vb:line 432</StackTrace>
</ExceptionData>
</Error>
<Event>
<Message>>> Successfully saved log to file!</Message>
</Event>
<Event>
<Time>10/22/2017 3:37:01 AM</Time>
</Event>
</LogEntries>
</DisplayDriverUninstaller>

Safe Mode Error

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Safe Mode Error

Post by Wagnard »

PharaohsVizier wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:58 am I've been trying to run DDU in safe mode and I can't seem to get it to run.

On one hand if I go into safe mode and run the app, I get an error saying "The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform." And trying to launch the safe mode option hoping DDU will boot my computer into safe mode doesn't work either. I'd really love some help with this since my display drivers just refuse to install and I'm completely lost.

Thanks!

Log:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<DisplayDriverUninstaller Version="17.0.7.6">
<LogEntries>
<Error>
<Message>Some part of application startup failed! >> Application_Startup()</Message>
<ExceptionData>
<Win32_Message>The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.</Win32_Message>
<Win32_ErrorName>Unknown error (0x88C1)</Win32_ErrorName>
<Win32_ErrorCode>193 (0xC1)</Win32_ErrorCode>
<TargetSite>StartWithCreateProcess</TargetSite>
<Source>System</Source>
<StackTrace> at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.Application.LaunchAsSystem() in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\Application.xaml.vb:line 677 at Display_Driver_Uninstaller.Application.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e) in C:\Users\ghisl\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\wpf\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-driver-uninstaller\Display Driver Uninstaller\Application.xaml.vb:line 432</StackTrace>
</ExceptionData>
</Error>
<Event>
</Event>
<Event>
<Time>10/22/2017 3:37:01 AM</Time>
</Event>
</LogEntries>
</DisplayDriverUninstaller>
Hi,
Can you tell me the version of windows you are using, and if it's 32/64bit.
Also verify that you have at least. Net framework 3.x or higher installer.

E-mail me all your DDU logs at [email protected]
PharaohsVizier

Re: Safe Mode Error

Post by PharaohsVizier »

Wow thanks for the quick reply. I'll email you the logs in a sec, but I was running Windows 10, 64 bit, and yes I have .net framework 4.5 installed. I did just install the fall creators update, not sure if that's significant in any way.

Thanks again!