Alienware Laptop

ModeFlick

Alienware Laptop

Post by ModeFlick »

I own an alienware laptop and use it as my primary machine. The lcd panel is broken so the laptop stays in my desk with external monitor keyboard and mouse so i use it pretty much like a desktop. It is alienware 13 r3 by the way. I got a 144 hz monitor and then got a displayport cable i could use with it. Then the monitor would only allow me to do 60hz. I looked into the issue online and i found that ddu was a tool that was supposedly safe to use on laptops. Boy were they wrong i ran it following all directions and in safe mode and everything. Then my laptop shut off and will not start back up no matter what i do. I have tried everything. When i try to start it there is a little beeping chime it plays then 3 beeps then 2 beeps then 1 beep. Then it restarts. Also the power button flashes red. So ddu i would like to thank you for ruining my 1500 dollar laptop. I would prefer cash but check is fine

Alienware Laptop

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Alienware Laptop

Post by Wagnard »

ModeFlick wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:41 am I own an alienware laptop and use it as my primary machine. The lcd panel is broken so the laptop stays in my desk with external monitor keyboard and mouse so i use it pretty much like a desktop. It is alienware 13 r3 by the way. I got a 144 hz monitor and then got a displayport cable i could use with it. Then the monitor would only allow me to do 60hz. I looked into the issue online and i found that ddu was a tool that was supposedly safe to use on laptops. Boy were they wrong i ran it following all directions and in safe mode and everything. Then my laptop shut off and will not start back up no matter what i do. I have tried everything. When i try to start it there is a little beeping chime it plays then 3 beeps then 2 beeps then 1 beep. Then it restarts. Also the power button flashes red. So ddu i would like to thank you for ruining my 1500 dollar laptop. I would prefer cash but check is fine
What you hear on the computer start is the Bios beep indicating a hardware problem.
It's a sad coincidence that you ran DDU just before.
DDU cannot cause such hardware issues.