Black screen

jerh

Black screen

Post by jerh »

Hey, I've got a black screen after using DDU as per instructions.

Any idea what the problem might be?

I can access the BIOS, the black screen only occurs just as the windows login screen is about to load up. I read on one of the threads in this forum about a black screen solved by merely pressing enter, this does not work for me.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Black screen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Black screen

Post by Wagnard »

jerh wrote:Hey, I've got a black screen after using DDU as per instructions.

Any idea what the problem might be?

I can access the BIOS, the black screen only occurs just as the windows login screen is about to load up. I read on one of the threads in this forum about a black screen solved by merely pressing enter, this does not work for me.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
Did you use the latest version of DDU?
Have you tried reinstalling the driver or the black screen is right after using DDU?
also do you use an HDMI or DVI plug?
Try to see if you can move and see the mouse cursor on the black screen. If so simply click on the screen.
try using a different connector type for testing purpose.
jerh

Post by jerh »

Hey again!

I finally managed to login by changing the windows display settings while on the login screen (Windows Key+P and then tap arrow down twice). I could then reinstall the drivers and everything is now fine.

I wouldn't have kept trying anything on the black screen hadn't I found the cursor (which I was pretty sure wasn't there but evidently I was wrong) by your suggestion, so thank you.

For the record:
I was using the latest version of DDU.
I was using DVI to connect my displays.

Edit:
Just to clarify what the problem was, Windows was assigning picture to a bogus monitor so the screen appeared black for me but everything was running fine as long as I would change the output to another monitor (i.e one of my actual monitors).
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

jerh wrote:Hey again!

I finally managed to login by changing the windows display settings while on the login screen (Windows Key+P and then tap arrow down twice). I could then reinstall the drivers and everything is now fine.

I wouldn't have kept trying anything on the black screen hadn't I found the cursor (which I was pretty sure wasn't there but evidently I was wrong) by your suggestion, so thank you.

For the record:
I was using the latest version of DDU.
I was using DVI to connect my displays.

Edit:
Just to clarify what the problem was, Windows was assigning picture to a bogus monitor so the screen appeared black for me but everything was running fine as long as I would change the output to another monitor (i.e one of my actual monitors).
Nice! Glad everything is good now!
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

Same problem here!! Installed Nvidia 364.72 drivers and they sucked.

Used DDU latest xxxxx4 version to remove drivers which i downloaded from 3dguru. Did NOT use safemode. But used the recommended one there tho which removes all nvidia drivers and restarts on normal mode. After uninstall my computer restarted but gets no picture just black screen(so this is just after uninstall no drivers installed). My screen says Displayport no signal. Cannot see bios(still black screen) even when i reboot and press F2 as it is on Asus Mobo.... Dont see win10 startup picture. Wont help if i press win key+p + tap arrow down(repeatedly as i dont know when computer is on win10 login screen) ... So what to do? I have no backup to fall to :? Pls help me! (Or is there some other port win10 uses as default instead of DP when it has no drivers. Like DVI or HDMI?)

(And sorry about my flawed english but it is not my native language^^)

Yours

Niko

RIG:
Asus z87-pro
Asus gtx770 2gb
Win10 home 64-bit
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

AND problem solved:-) Stupid me! Tried HDMI and it seems to be the default without drivers:-)
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Nixa wrote:AND problem solved:-) Stupid me! Tried HDMI and it seems to be the default without drivers:-)
Glad everything is OK
Xandou

Post by Xandou »

Hey! Sorry to bother u guys but ive had the same issue...
So my drivers and gpu werent being recognised by my pc so i used ddu to uninstall them and then my pc restarted after the uninstall and my screen went black... i then used a vga cable(which connected to my motherboards display output) and i can access my pc perfectly without the gpu inserted.
However when i insert my gpu, niether my motherboards outputs or my gpus outputs have any display and i just get a black screen... i cant access the bios on bootup and i see nothing but a black screen-not even the win10 boot load thingy!
My pc was running perfectly fine before, and im just confused now! Ive tried everything!
Any help would be appreciated!

Xandou

My pc:(dont critisize im only a young and dont have much money. My 1060 got given to me as an upgrade from my 750ti)
Gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2
16gb of hyperX ram gddr3-i think
Amd fx 4300
500w evga psu
Gtx 1060-the brand is a big G and im not entirely sure what brand it is but it was a gift so i appreciate it)
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Xandou wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:54 pm Hey! Sorry to bother u guys but ive had the same issue...
So my drivers and gpu werent being recognised by my pc so i used ddu to uninstall them and then my pc restarted after the uninstall and my screen went black... i then used a vga cable(which connected to my motherboards display output) and i can access my pc perfectly without the gpu inserted.
However when i insert my gpu, niether my motherboards outputs or my gpus outputs have any display and i just get a black screen... i cant access the bios on bootup and i see nothing but a black screen-not even the win10 boot load thingy!
My pc was running perfectly fine before, and im just confused now! Ive tried everything!
Any help would be appreciated!

Xandou

My pc:(dont critisize im only a young and dont have much money. My 1060 got given to me as an upgrade from my 750ti)
Gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2
16gb of hyperX ram gddr3-i think
Amd fx 4300
500w evga psu
Gtx 1060-the brand is a big G and im not entirely sure what brand it is but it was a gift so i appreciate it)
Smell like defective hardware, try a different card if possible to rule this out.
Xandou

Post by Xandou »

Hey, i had my cable connected to a different monitor and now i have a display but its like a lit up black screen... i see no boot up info or win10 bootup loady thing. i dont have another gpu? what shall i try next?
Also before i used DDU my new gpu was working for around 3 weeks perfectly!?