Clearing standby memory while downloading

StyggaMargareta

Post by StyggaMargareta »

Hey, I have a rather simple question

Just wondering if it's OK to keep automatically clearing the standby memory whenever it fills up, while a big game/update is being installed (on steam for example) or is it preferred to wait until the installation is complete and THEN clear up the memory.
Or even, should I add these launchers like steam and origin to the exclusion list for this purpose?

Answers appreciated! =)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Clearing standby memory while downloading

Post by Wagnard »

StyggaMargareta wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:59 pm Hey, I have a rather simple question

Just wondering if it's OK to keep automatically clearing the standby memory whenever it fills up, while a big game/update is being installed (on steam for example) or is it preferred to wait until the installation is complete and THEN clear up the memory.
Or even, should I add these launchers like steam and origin to the exclusion list for this purpose?

Answers appreciated! =)
Hi, I never noticed anything bad if the memory is cleaned when downloading / updating.
Adding steam/origin to the exclusion list will stop ISLC to work as long as these launcher are open.So probably not good if you plan to play BFx and want to clean.