Some INF files were not deleted ?.

jackyjoy123

Post by jackyjoy123 »

Hello,

Everything had been working fine on my computer until I switched over to Windows 10. I thought all the drivers had been updated, but I was having difficulty with some games (Risen 2, mainly, although I haven't tried all my games yet) where the screen would totally lock up and crash the game. I was getting an error message referring to the graphics driver for Windows 8, which seemed incorrect since I was now on Windows 10.

I tried to update the driver through Device Manager and https://krogerfeedback.nl https://talktosonic.onl https://talktowendys.vip https://whataburgersurvey.onl the display suddenly turned into a watercolor "soup" which I've never before seen on any computer I've owned. Totally unusable, so I had to turn it off at the switch and restart manually. This has happened a couple of times since, and it's even worse than a blue screen of death error, since I can't tell what the heck is going on. I then tried using Intel Driver Update Utility, and it apparently misidentified my graphics card and installed the wrong driver. I also tried going through Dell Update which successfully installed some drivers, and I thought the problem was solved. But game is still crashing.

My sense is that the old drivers weren't being totally uninstalled, which is how I came across the site for DDU. I just ran it in safe mode and it appears to work fine, except the logs make reference to some INF files which could not be deleted: oem89, oem104, oem127, and oem131.

(I could not attach the log to this post since it said I was using an invalid file extension; it was the file extension as it was created by DDU.)

The question is, should I try to find and delete these files manually, and will it make things worse if I do? Should I just roll back to Windows 8.1 since everything worked fine before upgrading to 10?

thanks
jackyjoy
Last edited by jackyjoy123 on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Some INF files were not deleted ?.

Post by Wagnard »

jackyjoy123 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:07 am Hello,

Everything had been working fine on my computer until I switched over to Windows 10. I thought all the drivers had been updated, but I was having difficulty with some games (Risen 2, mainly, although I haven't tried all my games yet) where the screen would totally lock up and crash the game. I was getting an error message referring to the graphics driver for Windows 8, which seemed incorrect since I was now on Windows 10.

I tried to update the driver through Device Manager and the display suddenly turned into a watercolor "soup" which I've never before seen on any computer I've owned. Totally unusable, so I had to turn it off at the switch and restart manually. This has happened a couple of times since, and it's even worse than a blue screen of death error, since I can't tell what the heck is going on. I then tried using Intel Driver Update Utility, and it apparently misidentified my graphics card and installed the wrong driver. I also tried going through Dell Update which successfully installed some drivers, and I thought the problem was solved. But game is still crashing.

My sense is that the old drivers weren't being totally uninstalled, which is how I came across the site for DDU. I just ran it in safe mode and it appears to work fine, except the logs make reference to some INF files which could not be deleted: oem89, oem104, oem127, and oem131.

(I could not attach the log to this post since it said I was using an invalid file extension; it was the file extension as it was created by DDU.)

The question is, should I try to find and delete these files manually, and will it make things worse if I do? Should I just roll back to Windows 8.1 since everything worked fine before upgrading to 10?

thanks
jackyjoy
Hi, if you are cleaning intel driver with DDU on a system with Intel chipset, it is normal to see warnings(yellow) message on DDU logs because it won't remove Intel inf based 9n chipset or SATA driver for example.
But if the errors are red, you can send me the LOGS at [email protected] so I can see if there is a problem with either DDU or your system