Win10 Proxy setting problems

DigitalIP

Post by DigitalIP »

Alright..
So I formatted a few days ago to fix this problem as it seemed to affect Windows Update
And for a time everything was fine, now its back to screwing up again with this proxy crap
Ive tried EVERYTHING Google and Microsoft support has to offer and nothing works

So here goes

i'm having the "windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings" problem.
setting it in Windows proxy settings doesn't stick
doing it in IE LAN settings does not work, cant even select Automatic, cant click on Ok for that matter either, I have to click cancel to close the dialog.

Its not a malware problem as far as I'm aware, especially after a few days in
no scan ive done brings up anything

So what I need is to find out what if anything Is screwing with the proxy settings, registry'wise or otherwise
if anyone has any ideas that HAS NOT been listed on Google/searches regarding this specific problem it would be appreciated.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Win10 Proxy setting problems

Post by Wagnard »

DigitalIP wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:30 am Alright..
So I formatted a few days ago to fix this problem as it seemed to affect Windows Update
And for a time everything was fine, now its back to screwing up again with this proxy crap
Ive tried EVERYTHING Google and Microsoft support has to offer and nothing works

So here goes

i'm having the "windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings" problem.
doing it in IE LAN settings does not work, cant even select Automatic, cant click on Ok for that matter either, I have to click cancel to close the dialog.

So what I need is to find out what if anything Is screwing with the proxy settings, registry'wise or otherwise
if anyone has any ideas that HAS NOT been listed on Google/searches regarding this specific problem it would be appreciated.
Where exactly do you seem this error? a screenshot would be good.
Are there any problem for you with not using a proxy or you absolutely need one?
DigitalIP

Post by DigitalIP »

Wagnard wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:10 am

So here goes

Are there any problem for you with not using a proxy or you absolutely need one?
right clicking the network icon and selecting troubleshoot problems

it also showed on the windows update troubleshooter

And no, its not that I NEED a proxy, its only that theres something screwing around with the proxy settings which is affecting how Windows Update provides updates. That's actually the reason why I reformatted to begin with, because of the proxy problem i was a few windows updates behind, and after trying EVERY fix possible I was like, ehhhhh ive considered reformatting so I guess nows a good time as any.
-

Absolutely love DDU btw, thanks for making it.
DigitalIP

Post by DigitalIP »

So here goes

Well I just confirmed what was causing this Proxy setting problem
Advanced System Care

For some reason its messing with the registry key WinHttpAutoProxySvc
I reverted to a previous registry backup and then everything was working fine
I just checked again a few moments ago and it was acting up again so I checked the backup files with only a few changes, in it that registry key is listed, so I restored that backup while I was looking at the registry entries and they did indeed change after I restored it.

Ive gotten in contact with iobit support regarding it, so ill have to give them this new info as well. Bleh..

Thanks anyway, and keep up the good work.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

DigitalIP wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:40 am

So here goes

Well I just confirmed what was causing this Proxy setting problem
Advanced System Care

For some reason its messing with the registry key WinHttpAutoProxySvc
I reverted to a previous registry backup and then everything was working fine
I just checked again a few moments ago and it was acting up again so I checked the backup files with only a few changes, in it that registry key is listed, so I restored that backup while I was looking at the registry entries and they did indeed change after I restored it.

Ive gotten in contact with iobit support regarding it, so ill have to give them this new info as well. Bleh..

Thanks anyway, and keep up the good work.
Nice job finding this one out and sharing the info, I appreciate ! ;)
DigitalIP

Post by DigitalIP »

No problem.

It has to do with a Performance setting for that proxy service

When doing a System Optimization scan, one of the enhancements is to Optimize the WinHttpAutoProxySvc

I believe its THAT optimization that is causing the automatic proxy setting issue that I mentioned, when I revert that change it goes back to working correctly.
sanepunk

Post by sanepunk »

Reset Internet options. According to users, sometimes this error message can appear due to your Internet settings.Disable proxy. Use a VPN.Scan your PC for malware. Use ipconfig command. Reset Chrome settings to default. Remove any suspicious applications. Modify your registry. forpc jiofilocalhtml.run