Ran DDU, now NVIDIA GPU won't discover in the Device manager and I can't install drivers.

mantom2132

Ran DDU, now NVIDIA GPU won't discover in the Device manager and I can't install drivers.

Post by mantom2132 »

Recently had issues with low framerates so I read that re-installing the drivers would fix the issue. So I ran DDU which turned out to be complete overkill.
I now can't discover my GPU under the device manager and NVIDIA driver install fail due to NVIDA GPU not found. The card albeit a bit slow was working until yesterday and the very least communicating with Windows.
I have tried Factory resetting the PC(twice, using both the Dell and Windows option) but no effect.
I have no idea what to do can anybody help??

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Ran DDU, now NVIDIA GPU won't discover in the Device manager and I can't install drivers.

Post by Wagnard »

mantom2132 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:32 am Recently had issues with low framerates so I read that re-installing the drivers would fix the issue. So I ran DDU which turned out to be complete overkill.
I now can't discover my GPU under the device manager and NVIDIA driver install fail due to NVIDA GPU not found. The card albeit a bit slow was working until yesterday and the very least communicating with Windows.
I have tried Factory resetting the PC(twice, using both the Dell and Windows option) but no effect.
Hi,
if you have a laptop and also you have tried the Factory reset of windows 10 (like a windows re-install) and it didn't show, then its either a configuration / bios / hardware button that must be triggered (ask Dell about your particular model) or your slow framerate you had recently was that your GPU is dead / dying.
Either way, ask Dell or get it verified by an expert at a computer shop.
cleonord

Re: Ran DDU, now NVIDIA GPU won't discover in the Device manager and I can't install drivers.

Post by cleonord »

Wagnard wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:31 pm
mantom2132 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:32 am Recently had issues with low framerates so I read that re-installing the drivers would fix the issue. So I ran DDU which turned out to be complete overkill.
Hi,
if you have a laptop and also you have tried the Factory reset of windows 10 (like a windows re-install) and it didn't show, then its either a configuration / bios / hardware button that must be triggered (ask Dell about your particular model) or your slow framerate you had recently was that your GPU is dead / dying.
Either way, ask Dell or get it verified by an expert at a computer shop.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to get help from my computer expert at nearby shop.