Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.4.9 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Requirement:
-Windows 7 up to Windows 11
-NVIDIA, AMD, Intel GPUs
-Also support basic Realtek audio driver cleanup.
-Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 or higher

Changelog:

Intel: Additional folder cleanup
NVIDIA: Fixed small issues when NOT removing Geforce Experience.
NVIDIA: NVIDIA Broadcast removal is now optional (enabled by default)
NVIDIA: New command line argument (-RemoveNVBROADCAST)
NVIDIA: registry cleanup enhancement.
All: Fixed a bug in the <Driver Store> cleanup.

SHA1: ADBA5D20AC9BF1A2C6F80C92C6134D353FC8DDD2

Big thanks to the following Patron and also those who aren't listed!
-honnmaguro (Since 2018-03-16)
-ZaoDaDong (Since 2019-02-06)
-Alberto Bursi (long time donator/supporter)
-Kaseb (Since 2019-09-05)
-Frank Brown (Since 2019-10-31)
-Sergey Bolshakow (Since 2020-09-10)
-James Tiller (Since 2021-04-03)
-Paulo Henrique (Since 2021-04-19)
-Graeme Small
-SMiThaYe
-Chris Ross
-Fabio
-Matti Metsikko
-mikalonia - mika

For a guide , check : https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

Recommended usage:
-You MUST disconnect your internet or completely block Windows Update when running DDU until you have re-installed your new drivers.
-DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling / installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
-DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.
-DDU will not work on network drive. Please install in a local drive (C:, D: or else).
-The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
-If you are using DDU in normal mode, Clean, reboot, clean again, reboot.
-Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
-It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.
Note: If you have issues for downloading the file, it could be one of your extension interfering with our hotlink protection.

Here is an application from 1 of my partner that we recommend.
It is a useful tool that may help you update outdated drivers.

***Official Download Here***

If you wish to help DDU, you can make a Donation.
Or
Bitcoin : bc1q5qqjq97c33r46agjareeqjjaf865x6zmtekhzx
Support us over our PATREON page.

Sponsor

Sponsor

4r0

Re: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.4.9 Released.

Post by 4r0 »

Hello! Thank you for your amazing work!

I have a motherboard with onboard Realtek Audio, thankfully DDU supports removing its drivers, but after using it there's some folders and keys left in the registry, I find them by searching for these keywords: "realtek", "avolute", "a-volute", "nahimic", "sonic" (in the registry there's also panasonic and some other "sonic" which isn't related to Realtek Audio, basically only "sonic studio" and "sonic radar" are related to it), "rtkuwp".
I attached a .REG file (Realtek.zip) that contains those leftover folders and keys for you to take a look and may be add something to DDU to also remove them when uninstalling Realtek Audio. Also attached a program designed for removing some of Realtek Audio leftovers, you may look into it to may be find something useful to improve DDU's Realtek Audio removal.
May be you would also be interested in a Realtek Audio driverpack that contains the drivers: link
Also DDU doesn't remove two folders related to Realtek Audio: "C:\ProgramData\A-Volute" and "C:\Windows\System32\A-Volute".

Please look into it to improve the drivers removal, thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

4r0 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:22 am Hello! Thank you for your amazing work!

I have a motherboard with onboard Realtek Audio, thankfully DDU supports removing its drivers, but after using it there's some folders and keys left in the registry, I find them by searching for these keywords: "realtek", "avolute", "a-volute", "nahimic", "sonic" (in the registry there's also panasonic and some other "sonic" which isn't related to Realtek Audio, basically only "sonic studio" and "sonic radar" are related to it), "rtkuwp".
I attached a .REG file (Realtek.zip) that contains those leftover folders and keys for you to take a look and may be add something to DDU to also remove them when uninstalling Realtek Audio. Also attached a program designed for removing some of Realtek Audio leftovers, you may look into it to may be find something useful to improve DDU's Realtek Audio removal.
May be you would also be interested in a Realtek Audio driverpack that contains the drivers: link
Also DDU doesn't remove two folders related to Realtek Audio: "C:\ProgramData\A-Volute" and "C:\Windows\System32\A-Volute".

Please look into it to improve the drivers removal, thank you!
Hi, you are right, DDU at the moment mostly support removing basic realtek audio driver. A-Volute / sonic and others are what I call add-on from either motherboard makers or other parties to improve sound quality or provide others features.
We will try to add more support for this in the near future. It is just not easy to support all different configuration possible.
Thanks for the work for providing us theses files
allen1011

Post by allen1011 »

Thank you for your amazing work!