Windows 10 update is installing new driver version nVidia?

The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi Wagnarsoft,

I have noticed the last two versions I used 18.0.49-- 18.0.46 even tho I check to not install updated drivers Windows 10 still does.. I just had this happen yesterday after I reinstalled the drivers I wanted the previous day.

Wondering if I missed someting or is the DDU not able to stop current updated drivers from being installed

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 update is installing new driver version nVidia?

Post by Wagnard »

The_Nephilim wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:53 pm Hi Wagnarsoft,

I have noticed the last two versions I used 18.0.49-- 18.0.46 even tho I check to not install updated drivers Windows 10 still does.. I just had this happen yesterday after I reinstalled the drivers I wanted the previous day.

Wondering if I missed someting or is the DDU not able to stop current updated drivers from being installed
DDU never really prevented "Windows update" to install a more recent driver. What DDU does is preventing Windows from seeking "Windows update" when it detect the device. See it more like as it prevent device manager to check on "Windows update" but it doesn't prevent "Windows Update" to check for new hardware.

If you want to block a particular driver from windows update, I suggest this microsoft tool : https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/detail ... whide.html
The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I downloaded the wushowhide program and the nvidia drivers where in the list so I hid them and hopefully it will not update the nVidia drivers..

Thank you for the link to that program.. :)
almahmoud84

Post by almahmoud84 »

can anyone tell me , how can I update it
The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim »

what do you want to update the nvidia drivers??

Also I noticed when I uninstall the drivers and reboot almost immedietely Windows updates to the version they want you to use and I can not get it to not update to those drivers?

I am trying to use wushowhide but the drivers get updated almost immedietly upon booting into Win 10.. this is bad..
amliwilliams

Post by amliwilliams »

Go to the Settings app > Update & security > Windows update and click on Check for updates. Allow Windows 10 to check if there are any NVIDIA drivers available to download. Most likely an update will be available to install. Wait until that update has been installed along with the others.